• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican War on the Poor

A competent government could take care of our poor and avoid setting up our longtime allies for genocide at the same time.

Not to mention that the GOP has shown little to no interest in helping the poor when they're in power. To the contrary, they love cutting government programs that help such people. But it's still a regular GOP talking point that we should be helping needy native-born citizens here at home instead of helping immigrants and people in other countries. As you said, it's possible to do both, if the GOP actually had any interest in doing so.

We're on the same page but it really does grind my gears when I see someone buy 2 cart fulls of Cheetos and Twinkies and other delicious snacks with food stamps and then go drive away in a much nicer car than I have. I know I shared this on the boards in the past but I saw it happen a few years back at a Food Lion. The couple was clearly beating/cheating the system.

So what?

Will some successfully cheat the system? I'm sure that will happen.

Will it be a significant enough proportion of those receiving benefits to inflict suffering on those that truly need it? That seems extremely unlikely.

There’s so much more expensive fraud out there than a few food stamps. But people don’t care about that because we are fine with rich people getting more rich in fraudulent ways.

Just force the wealthiest 20% of families at the school to subsidize the lunch tab for all students.

Problem solved

Where do you think funding comes from for foster care?

Stop arguing against people with no heart or soul as if they have one. People like that could care less about foster children.

Stop arguing against people with no heart or soul as if they have one. People like that could care less about foster children.

I’m assuming he cares about rich people’s money based on his stupid joke. This area is talking about putting kids in foster care for unpaid lunch bills. Foster care is most likely more expensive to rich people than rectangular pizza.

I’m assuming he cares about rich people’s money based on his stupid joke. This area is talking about putting kids in foster care for unpaid lunch bills. Foster care is most likely more expensive to rich people than rectangular pizza.

Fair point. Richie Rich probably gets that.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...ing-families-tenncare-block-grant/4086524002/

Republican Tennessee governor sitting on $hundreds of millions designated for the under resourced for no good reason.

You know it's bad when a conservative center criticizes Republicans for not taking government money for the poor.

The state receives $190 million each year from the federal government. Last year, Tennessee spent just $71.1 million of that money, the conservative Beacon Center of Tennessee said in a report released this week.
The report, called "Poverty to Prosperity," in part criticizes Tennessee for sitting on the surplus and not putting more of the money to use to help additional families climb the economic ladder.

This work requirement rule would save the government $5.5 billion over five years, the USDA said.

Gotta pay for that $2 trillion tax cut somehow!

Save the government money and hurt children. The same ones they want to force you to bring into the world by trying their damndest to end safe and legal abortion and contraception options.

Back