• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican War on the Poor

So what you’re saying is liberal cities (big or midsized cities) are more compassionate than conservative cities, like wilkesboro or franklin. Interesting.

Interesting that you mention Wilkesboro. The good folks living just north of North Wilkesboro have forced a longtime homeless shelter to close, because of complaints (no evidence provided) that it "contributed to making the community a center of people dealing with substance abuse issues, homelessness and poverty. Residents and others have complained about people, who they believe are homeless, being on their property and leaving trash and their clothes there."

It is the only homeless shelter in all of Wilkes County, and has been located in the same building for 31 years. Not surprisingly, one of the ringleaders in getting the shelter closed is an associate pastor of an Evangelical Church in the community, Tim Byrd. Also not surprisingly, his mother is the building owner who chose to close the shelter after 31 years. The good Rev. Byrd is also opposed to the Homeless Shelter Board in Wilkes building a new, larger $500,000 shelter in North Wilkesboro. At least large cities like Seattle are trying to help the homeless, while all those compassionate and neighborly small-town Evangelicals have adopted a NIMBY attitude, apparently.

Link: https://www.journalpatriot.com/news...cle_7a388168-ce4a-11e9-a1da-eb2c633ef3f0.html

what a load of horseshit. most big cities are, in your own words, "liberal"! I just call it just were educated people go to do work. does that mean more educated people are liberal? in your terms, yes. they have a wider range of education, experiences and interactions with a variety of like minded people as well as many other races, etc.. in most of these cities they are not "allowing people to camp freely on public property", that is just where there are options for homeless (shelters, food kitchens, VAs or what have you). they will not find this in bum-fuck NC.

you are generalizing way too much.

consider the uninformed source

transfer into daughter's name
burn house down
take insurance money and buy different property
burn that house down and rebuild at replacement cost
win

I heard people talking about something similar with a company and a father-in-law.

Interesting that you mention Wilkesboro. The good folks living just north of North Wilkesboro have forced a longtime homeless shelter to close, because of complaints (no evidence provided) that it "contributed to making the community a center of people dealing with substance abuse issues, homelessness and poverty. Residents and others have complained about people, who they believe are homeless, being on their property and leaving trash and their clothes there."

It is the only homeless shelter in all of Wilkes County, and has been located in the same building for 31 years. Not surprisingly, one of the ringleaders in getting the shelter closed is an associate pastor of an Evangelical Church in the community, Tim Byrd. Also not surprisingly, his mother is the building owner who chose to close the shelter after 31 years. The good Rev. Byrd is also opposed to the Homeless Shelter Board in Wilkes building a new, larger $500,000 shelter in North Wilkesboro. At least large cities like Seattle are trying to help the homeless, while all those compassionate and neighborly small-town Evangelicals have adopted a NIMBY attitude, apparently.

Link: https://www.journalpatriot.com/news...cle_7a388168-ce4a-11e9-a1da-eb2c633ef3f0.html

Excellent example of GOP Jesus. Kick the sick, hungry, and homeless to the curb.

35For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,f you did it to me.’

Did you see the post on the religious hypocrisy thread about the church who forced homeless people to give up a portion of their federal benefits and panhandle for the church?

Did you see the post on the religious hypocrisy thread about the church who forced homeless people to give up a portion of their federal benefits and panhandle for the church?

Good short read.

I'm sure we're solving lots of problems with these lower tax rates.

Thx Pubs.

It’s not stunning. That the desired outcome of decades of Republicans demonizing and defunding the IRS instead of treating it like the government’s revenue generator that yields huge returns on every dollar spent.

This is a good talking point for Democrats. Elect us and we will fund the IRS so we can fund our government and they’ll audit the elites instead of you.

It’s not stunning. That the desired outcome of decades of Republicans demonizing and defunding the IRS instead of treating it like the government’s revenue generator that yields huge returns on every dollar spent...

Yep.

It’s not stunning. That the desired outcome of decades of Republicans demonizing and defunding the IRS instead of treating it like the government’s revenue generator that yields huge returns on every dollar spent.

This is a good talking point for Democrats. Elect us and we will fund the IRS so we can fund our government and they’ll audit the elites instead of you.

Why the fuck can't we just simplify the tax code so that it isn't monstrous to do taxes?

Why the fuck can't we just simplify the tax code so that it isn't monstrous to do taxes?

LOL. Republicans will always think it's monstrous to pay taxes as long as it funds a government that helps people not like them.

Back