• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No text to edit when attempting to edit a post

WakeandBake

Reaction score
After clicking edit post, the text I want to edit is not present in the text box

Same happening for me for at least a few days.

Also, when logging out, I get a bad gateway error.

Seems if I enter text/post on iOS device, I can't edit it regardless of what device I use to try and make an edit.

If I enter post on OS X device, I can edit.

I have the same issue. Seems to be intermittent, but specific to a post. Browser doesn't matter...if a post shows up blank when editing, it does so across Chrome/FF/Edge as well as on mobile browsers. That said, the post is always editable in Tapatalk as a workaround.

Looks like it may be a bug in the current vBulletin code or the current version of PHP. I see where a similar bug has been reported going back a few years via the Google machine. Looks like the vBulletin software on the site is a few versions behind. I don't know what PHP version is running, but most of the similar bug reports I ran across where on some variant of PHP v5.4 and earlier releases of vB 4.2.

Looks like it may be a bug in the current vBulletin code or the current version of PHP. I see where a similar bug has been reported going back a few years via the Google machine. Looks like the vBulletin software on the site is a few versions behind. I don't know what PHP version is running, but most of the similar bug reports I ran across where on some variant of PHP v5.4 and earlier releases of vB 4.2.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's also potentially related to some stuff we turned on in the settings to help protect against the double post issue we were seeing. To answer cata's question, we're not giving up on fixing it, it's just going to take a software upgrade to do, so it's mainly just trying to find a common weekend (after the NCAA tourney ends) with TWDeac for he and I to work on getting that done, since last time we did a major upgrade it took awhile to get everything back in place and looking right again.

Still happening. I tried a few browsers, but no luck...

I still can't edit posts from my desktop... Is this a problem for everyone?

Back