• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many more school shootings before the NRA allows common sense?

catamount, you said you were "pro gun control" earlier in the thread.

what steps do you think we should take to reduce gun violence?

I think we should ban assault rifles, enforce and mandate background checks to include private sales (thus eliminating the "gun show loophole"), they should implement technology on new gun sales like shooting logs and fingerprints to insure the owner is the shooter of the weapon, you should not be able to purchase a hand gun without passing a gun safety class, obviously you shouldn't be able to have guns on campus, or bars, or schools, etc....

Long term I think they should ban handgun sales all together, but it is baby steps.

I know these thoughts all seem crazy but what can I say I am a hardcore rightwing small dick gun nut.

Last edited:
These are all sensible reforms that I believe (I'm no expert and I can't find their platform) the NRA would push back on. Hence the thread?

I mean “fucking piece of shit trump” (shooting victim) first orders of business was making it easier for mentally ill people to buy guns, so yeah I’d say the NRA would push back

I think we should ban assault rifles, enforce and mandate background checks to include private sales (thus eliminating the "gun show loophole"), they should implement technology on new gun sales like shooting logs and fingerprints to insure the owner is the shooter of the weapon, you should not be able to purchase a hand gun without passing a gun safety class, obviously you shouldn't be able to have guns on campus, or bars, or schools, etc....

Long term I think they should ban handgun sales all together, but it is baby steps.

I know these thoughts all seem crazy but what can I say I am a hardcore rightwing small dick gun nut.

So if you truly think that, after a mass school killing, why is your first instinct to start blaming meds?

So if you truly think that, after a mass school killing, why is your first instinct to start blaming meds?

because it is part of the problem, and partly because you guys all get your panties in a wad whenever anyone blames something besides guns and I was bored.

Liberal tears!!! Look at them cry as children get mowed down by bullets. Nothing like a good liberal cry circle jerk blaming people for things they are responsible for.

Is the problem the medication or the mental illness that required the medication in the first place?

because it is part of the problem, and partly because you guys all get your panties in a wad whenever anyone blames something besides guns and I was bored.

So you decided to troll/mess with people over children being massacred? Impressive.

Unsure why this isn't on the politics board/thread, and the liberal groupthink on this board is usually pretty miserable, but I do not know how any rational human being can argue at this point that it's a mental health and not a gun issue.

With the opioid crisis, there's pretty wide agreement that we blame the drug dealers, big pharma, and irresponsible doctors - the parties that have lead to the epidemic. With guns, the NRA, beholden politicians, and gun manufacturers continue to thrive. How does that make sense? How do people not recognize that these mass shootings are indeed a crisis?

Nothing gets me going more than reclining in my fabric lazy boy as I clean and lubricate my guns as the names of massacred children scroll across the bottom of some liberal crying on my tv. AMERICA!

So you decided to troll/mess with people over children being massacred? Impressive.

Unsure why this isn't on the politics board/thread, and the liberal groupthink on this board is usually pretty miserable, but I do not know how any rational human being can argue at this point that it's a mental health and not a gun issue.

With the opioid crisis, there's pretty wide agreement that we blame the drug dealers, big pharma, and irresponsible doctors - the parties that have lead to the epidemic. With guns, the NRA, beholden politicians, and gun manufacturers continue to thrive. How does that make sense? How do people not recognize that these mass shootings are indeed a crisis?

To be fair at the time I didn't realize that there was a mass shooting, I just thought RJK was going off the reservation again. Probably poor taste in hindsight but whatever.

No, I think the drugs are causing a disassociated behavior leading to these types of shootings.

"ph silent about blacks" - sweet tag

Those are common. There are posters who hate me because I’m black and dare to share my opinions. I don’t know my place.

Ironically they’re too PC to post it instead of tagging it.

This tag is particularly dumb because it presumes I don’t support gun control for black people.

Last edited:
They aren’t cowards. They just don’t care to fix it. Do you honestly believe a Republican lawmaker cares about kids who die in a school shooting?

Evidence?

The GOP uses these tragedies to sell or require more guns. They don’t actually care. Maybe if it happens in their neighborhoods to kids like their own. But they don’t care about the rest of us.

I wasn’t aware that “politicians only care about themselves” was so controversial.

Again, where is your evidence? These are the most powerful people in our country. Why do you think Republican politicians care as much about children killed in school shootings as much as corporations paying high tax rates?

Just answer the question. These are the people you vote for.

You don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about. In the last Senate election here I voted for Michelle Nunn. I live in the GA congressional that held a run off last year. I voted for the Dem, John Ossoff. I voted for Hillary, whom I despise, because of Trump.

Republicans have done nothing about gun control. There’s the answer to your question.

Let me go back to my question that you won’t answer. You didn’t say politicians only care about themselves. You said Republicans don’t care about children who die in shootings. So do you think that an entire group of people, identifiable by their political affiliation, don’t care about the children who are killed in these mass killings?

Please answer the question.

You don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about. In the last Senate election here I voted for Michelle Nunn. I live in the GA congressional that held a run off last year. I voted for the Dem, John Ossoff. I voted for Hillary, whom I despise, because of Trump.

Republicans have done nothing about gun control. There’s the answer to your question.

Let me go back to my question that you won’t answer. You didn’t say politicians only care about themselves. You said Republicans don’t care about children who die in shootings. So do you think that an entire group of people, identifiable by their political affiliation, don’t care about the children who are killed in these mass killings?

Please answer the question.
Doesn't matter because you are not 100% on board with group think.

groupthink in question: lots of americans die, including many children, because of shitty gun laws. one party's vocal and unwritten stance is "no gun laws". we should do something about that.

Back