• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many more school shootings before the NRA allows common sense?

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
No other country in the world has events in these numbers. But the NRA and extreme Republicans blame everyone but themselves.

How many more deaths will be enough?

We've had twenty school shootings in 2018 ALONE.

How many more children have to be killed before we stand up and say enough?

That's the wrong question. NRA isn't going to change who they are.

When will politicians feel enough pressure to change their ways?

Also, politics thread.

Maybe we should stop shoving anti-psych meds down kids throats. Seems like the trend between over medicating children for things we do not understand has had a more direct correlation between the increase in school shooting than access to firearms. Access to firearms have remained rather consistent to not as easily availible, while hoping kids up on on these kinds of meds has increased exponentially.

One thing remains consistent between these shootings, all of them are on the same meds.

Nobody else has meds.

Nobody is as over-prescribed as the US. and it would be interesting to see the correlation in random mass shootings overseas as well. I also don't think we should be handing out AR-15 to children, just to clarify I am pro gun control.

NRA horseshit. What about all the other gun deaths in America?

I mean fucking with peoples brain chemistry's so the big pharm companies can maximize gains is not horseshit and it does have negative impacts. If you don't think it is worth looking into because republicans are evil then that's your prerogative.

Maybe we should stop shoving anti-psych meds down kids throats. Seems like the trend between over medicating children for things we do not understand has had a more direct correlation between the increase in school shooting than access to firearms. Access to firearms have remained rather consistent to not as easily availible, while hoping kids up on on these kinds of meds has increased exponentially.

One thing remains consistent between these shootings, all of them are on the same meds.

Take your index finger and slowly curl it. That’s all you need to do to kill someone with a gun. It couldn’t be easier, which is why occasionally toddlers end up killing people.

Some of the shooters are on SSRIs because they are depressed. Since the US has the highest number of guns per person (and it’s not even close), those depressed kids are much more likely to have access to guns, so all they need to do is curl their index finger.

I mean fucking with peoples brain chemistry's so the big pharm companies can maximize gains is not horseshit and it does have negative impacts.

It is when that’s your solution to gun violence in this country before gun regulation

I’m all for increased resources toward mental health care. If that’s really a bigger problem than guns, let’s do that. As someone married to a school mental health professional in a conservative school district, I can assure you that’s not happening here. Her case load is more than twice what is recommended. We often spend more on school policing via resource officers than counselors. That’s a problem. The reality is whatever the actual problem, we have a bunch of cowards (best case scenario) incapable of fixing it.

Also Democrats had control of the house, senate, and executive branch but chose not to do shit on immigration or gun control. Instead they killed our already broken healthcare system. Thanks.

I’m all for increased resources toward mental health care. If that’s really a bigger problem than guns, let’s do that. As someone married to a school mental health professional in a conservative school district, I can assure you that’s not happening here. Her case load is more than twice what is recommended. We often spend more on school policing via resource officers than counselors. That’s a problem. The reality is whatever the actual problem, we have a bunch of cowards (best case scenario) incapable of fixing it.

I do think the way we are medicated, and treating mental health in our children is a bigger overall problem than gun control. Your odds of dying in from a gun related injury is almost nothing overall. Yet, every other kid in america (slight exaggeration) is having there brain chemistry fucked with because parents want a magic pill to fix there kids instead of actually caring for them.

Back