• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake hosts GaTech. 9 PM

Didn't see the whole game but liked our gameplan. We did not beat ourselves and forced the ball out of the hands of the primary scorers time and time again. GT is bad, but always encouraging to see Manning coach a great game. Now he needs to do it against a good team.

Part of the message is that this kind of performance is what Wake should give against a team like GaTech. It wasn't happening earlier in the season. Better late than never.

Didn't see the whole game but liked our gameplan. We did not beat ourselves and forced the ball out of the hands of the primary scorers time and time again. GT is bad, but always encouraging to see Manning coach a great game. Now he needs to do it against a good team.

Agreed. Good plan to go to the press to get the ball out of Okogies hands in the second half. GT is bad, but thought we looked good tonight.

This is the Crawford I was hoping to see this year. A leader not just a scorer. We need this guy to come back next year and finish what he started. This kind of player teamed with our new guys and our returning super Sophs make for a really good team.

Was there, definitely BC13's best game in a while. Craw was still cheating on D as much as he could. Liked his offensive patience. Every loose ball, he is already headed downcourt hoping for some cherry picking. Like CP3 used to but Chris had the quickness to recover. Often becomes a recovery foul on his teammates.

Glad we played like we should in this game. Need to validate it by doing it (playing well) against State and on the road.

Part of the message is that this kind of performance is what Wake should give against a team like GaTech. It wasn't happening earlier in the season. Better late than never.

Unfortunately more like too little too late. :(

This is what was expected regardless of losing JC and Dinos to early departures.

Id like to see us break out again the 70s/80s throwbacks we wore a year or two ago in a game.

loved the uniforms from last night

still hate - HATE - the gray uniforms

Amazingly, GaTech was even worse than advertised. I'd like to think that game meant something, but I really doubt it did. Front court guys not named Doral Moore played 44 minutes, shot 20%, and all of them combined got outscored by freshman Evan Cole for GaTech. Just to level-set, Evan Cole has 8 DNP's this year and has only made more than 2 field goals in 3 games. He also outrebounded that entire group by himself in 9 fewer minutes.

It was definitely nice to see such good ball movement, it's been fun to watch Childress turn into a legit point guard for us, and a relief to see Crawford take care of the basketball for a whole game. But with the year winding down, it's pretty disappointing that Sarr would be totally useless in a game like this. He seems 2 years away, not 1 - much like Doral as as freshman. Hoard is going to have to be good enough to start at the 4 on day 1 if Wake is going to take the jump we're all hoping for next year.

Amazingly, GaTech was even worse than advertised. I'd like to think that game meant something, but I really doubt it did. Front court guys not named Doral Moore played 44 minutes, shot 20%, and all of them combined got outscored by freshman Evan Cole for GaTech. Just to level-set, Evan Cole has 8 DNP's this year and has only made more than 2 field goals in 3 games. He also outrebounded that entire group by himself in 9 fewer minutes.

It was definitely nice to see such good ball movement, it's been fun to watch Childress turn into a legit point guard for us, and a relief to see Crawford take care of the basketball for a whole game. But with the year winding down, it's pretty disappointing that Sarr would be totally useless in a game like this. He seems 2 years away, not 1 - much like Doral as as freshman. Hoard is going to have to be good enough to start at the 4 on day 1 if Wake is going to take the jump we're all hoping for next year.

Yeah, basically we played a decent game against a team that is in worse shape then we are. I don't take away anything from last night other then we beat a team we should have. Let's see a good performance and a W against a well coached Pack team this weekend and that would mean something.

I’m glad we won, but some of the comments here are discounting just how bad GT is...especially after losing their PG on Sunday.

A win is a win. However, you are correct to point out that GT is terrible, but it feels good to dominate an opponent like we did. Wilbekin was a nice surprise last night!

GT is awful, but if we played like this at the beginning of the season (minimize turnovers, share the ball, better defensive fundamentals), our season would look very different. We wouldn't be going to the NCAA tournament, but we would have at least 4-6 more wins, which would feel a whole lot better. State game is a big one for this teams confidence, and the fanbases confidence in Manning and the staff. I am sure they all realize that. Need to put together a decent stretch to end the season, play well in the ACC tournament and hit the recruiting trail with a modicum of positive momentum. Our program needs the 19 class, and if we can finish solid (don't even have to do anything amazing, just win the games we have a chance to win), and then come out with a strong first couple of weeks before November 18 signing period, we should have enough in recruiting equity to sign a good class.

Our PF position is a black hole yet our offense gets them open looks. It’s a waste for Okeke to make a nice move to the basket and be wide open because everybody knows he’s not going to get the ball.

The jerseys were hot. They’d be hotter with names on the back in the same script as the front.

There is a good chance we win out our remaining games, putting us at 7 wins in the ACC or about what I expected. Think Danny gets this shit turned around next year and we have a good squad. Danny all in baby.

I realize GT isn't great but that's the type of game we need from Crawford. Just a really efficient line 5-9 for 16, 9 asts, 0 TOs, 2 STL. Can't expect something like that every game, but it's amazing what a difference it makes when we're getting shots up and not turning it over. That's a lot different from the 7-19, 5 ASTS, 4 TO games, even though he may end up with 20 points.

Ball movement is ball movement, no matter who tje opponent is. Much better last night. Didn't see BC (either one) trying to pound a hole in the floor for 29 sec then jack a 25 footer.

If that offense had shown up against the mid level ACC teams and for the OOC games, there would be more Ws on the Wake record.

Gotta give Crawford props for last night. That is what many have been expecting to see all season. That is why his performances have been frustrating for 2/3 of the season.

Valentines Day Crawford is an NBA player. The one we've seen other days, not so much.

Back