• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on the NC State Wolfpack - 4 pm Saturday ACC Network ESPN 3

This is correct. State needs 10 wins to make the tourney. Big wins are there but the schedule early was awful (expecting a big time rebuild I’d guess). State gets to 10 wins with a win tomorrow so I expect our best effort. Should be a fun game that’s close

State gets to 8 with a win today. I don’t see any sure things left on the NCSU schedule. How do you get to 10?

State gets to 8 with a win today. I don’t see any sure things left on the NCSU schedule. How do you get to 10?

Thats nonsense. BC, FSU, LU at home and at GT. We should be able to win 3/4 minimum, maybe all 4.

KenPom projects that State gets to 10 with wins over BC, @ GT, and UL. They are basically toss-ups against us and vs. FSU.

In my opinion State gets 10 wins if they win at Wake. Worded that poorly. Just a personal opinion. None are guaranteed wins but with 3 of 4 at home I’d be shocked to not win 2 of them given how we are playing.

Wake is 22 and 5 at home in the last 27 games tho which isn’t great for the Pack.

Haven't lost at home to State since the 2011-12 season.

Give me the Deacs and the under today.

And I’ll take under 10 on NCSU ACC wins. I think it’s been smoke and mirrors this year, aside from a couple of nice upsets.

lolz all you want. It’s about 50/50 you get to 10 wins. I expect a Wake win today, which makes it a lot harder.

The smoke and mirrors comment was a bit much, I guess... how about inconsistent?

lolz all you want. It’s about 50/50 you get to 10 wins. I expect a Wake win today, which makes it a lot harder.

The smoke and mirrors comment was a bit much, I guess... how about inconsistent?

Better. And that's what I was laughing at. All of the numbers point to NCSU getting to 10 if they win this game and I that's where i stand. i just find it hard to believe that a team that has only lost 2 home games with Markell Johnson at the helm suddenly loses 2 of 3 to finish the season with NCAA's on the line. And that's not even counting the potential to win @GT. Won't be easy but KenPom puts it at 10-8 and that's where i'd put my money.

I'm not one who thinks Danny is our long term solution but I did see him in an interview yesterday that not only impressed me but also tells me het gets Wake and our history.

When asked about the State game DM brought up as a kid watching the Big 4 tournament and always felt that was the core of the conference and all were rivals then. He then went on to say that while Duke/UNC is their own rivalry he referenced coach Odom's belief that Wake/State was the rivalry for him and DM agreed completely. He views State as a long time rival and said thats all the motivation they should need.

I like DM knows this, referenced GDO and believes its big.

Lets bring the heat today and kick some Wolfpack ass!

I'm not one who thinks Danny is our long term solution but I did see him in an interview yesterday that not only impressed me but also tells me het gets Wake and our history.

When asked about the State game DM brought up as a kid watching the Big 4 tournament and always felt that was the core of the conference and all were rivals then. He then went on to say that while Duke/UNC is their own rivalry he referenced coach Odom's belief that Wake/State was the rivalry for him and DM agreed completely. He views State as a long time rival and said thats all the motivation they should need.

I like DM knows this, referenced GDO and believes its big.

Lets bring the heat today and kick some Wolfpack ass!

If Wake plays like a team this afternoon like they did against GaTech, beating State is pretty doable. If they play like they have in many other games this year, it could be a long afternoon.

All of us were not too emotionally invested in the Clemson game, figured we were going to lose anyway, and we agreed to continue to enjoy the FSU win.

Do we have the same attitude today that we can't beat State anyway and we continue to enjoy the Ga. Tech win?

I am not sure if I have made a prediction all season, but I think we close out a close win today.

Are their alot of scalpers outside LJVM? Thinking of heading out.

I don't understand ... do you mean to head out to compete against them to see if you can make more money than they do? Or are you looking for a cheap ticket or two?

Moore and Sarr are a really bad match-up for NCSU IMO.

All of us were not too emotionally invested in the Clemson game, figured we were going to lose anyway, and we agreed to continue to enjoy the FSU win.

Do we have the same attitude today that we can't beat State anyway and we continue to enjoy the Ga. Tech win?

or is Clemson really that much better than State so we really feel like we have a chance today?

What's the board thinking?

Back