• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Hosts NC State. 4 PM

Manning is not the problem. These guys are uncoachable. Last game followed the game plan. Worked the ball around went inside out. Today in the first half just jacking up 3's. Thank heavens BC was on or it would have been a rout. They just don't seem to learn. Just have the wrong guys taking shots and go long stretches w/o Moore touching the ball.

Manning put the team together ya know?

Manning is not the problem. These guys are uncoachable. Last game followed the game plan. Worked the ball around went inside out. Today in the first half just jacking up 3's. Thank heavens BC was on or it would have been a rout. They just don't seem to learn. Just have the wrong guys taking shots and go long stretches w/o Moore touching the ball.

confused-meme.jpg

He selected ALL the uncoachable kids. Is it not part of the job of a coach to make certain a particular game plan is followed?

65 of our 84 were scored by Crawford, Doral, and Woods. Not nearly enough offensive talent in the younger players. Lots of dead wood on this team. Combine that with absolutely terrible defense, and lots of Ls.

He selected ALL the uncoachable kids. Is it not part of the job of a coach to make certain a particular game plan is followed?

Yes I would hope so, but not sure how you get kids to follow the game plan, short of sitting them down and it is too late for that. I would have thought Manning would have benched more than one starter for bonehead plays, but apparently that is not his style. Nor is yelling at officials-- Not sure who is harder to watch Manning or Grobe.

65 of our 84 were scored by Crawford, Doral, and Woods. Not nearly enough offensive talent in the younger players. Lots of dead wood on this team. Combine that with absolutely terrible defense, and lots of Ls.

Manning recruiting so great!

Now I do believe that it is on Manning 100% that his teams do not or refuse to play defense. But I don't think Manning values defense so it is ok to allow a middle of the pack team to score 90 points on your home court. Defense can be taught and it is not being taught at Wake and has not been since Odom was the coach

Sounds like we won't have much to lose if we cut the coach and start over. Would be nice to keep Hoard and Brown if DM gets the axe, but even if we can't stop people from transferring out, might end up with a team that wins more games anyway. New coach will still be allowed to give out 13 schollys each year.

We are fouling and looking for 3's at this point.

A rebounder is nice to have in that situation.

If anything, put him in on Crawford’s 3rd FT.

Sounds like we won't have much to lose if we cut the coach and start over. Would be nice to keep Hoard and Brown if DM gets the axe, but even if we can't stop people from transferring out, might end up with a team that wins more games anyway. New coach will still be allowed to give out 13 schollys each year.

Hate to admit it, but I am at the same point as you. We need to start anew again, ugggghhhh...

I actually envy those who have completely given up on Wake basketball. We passionately follow and root for our Alma mater and all we get is 8 years of complete frustration. It is worse than simply wasting our time following a useless endeavor.

Hate to admit it, but I am at the same point as you. We need to start anew again, ugggghhhh...

With the way things are at Wake now, this won't happen unless Danny voluntarily resigns. He won't be fired this year.

No way a coach who made the ncaa last year and lost his two starting front court players early is getting fired..next year is the year for all this doom and gloom. It's clear we are in for another year. Might as well just lube up and grab our ankles

Lol at all of the "we've turned a corner" and "we really looked like a team" talk from the sunshine brigade after we beat up an awful GT team further hampered by crushing injuries.

Manning is probably best suited as an assistant in the NBA. But would he be able to get his kid a job on the staff in the league?

Let's keep him next year just for the class and fire his ass next year if they don't make tourney. I'm ManningOut now, but must keep next year's recruits intact.

Let's keep him next year just for the class and fire his ass next year if they don't make tourney. I'm ManningOut now, but must keep next year's recruits intact.

I mean there really appears to only be two signees in the class you should be worried about having on the roster next season.

Back