• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Hosts NC State. 4 PM

Really had a good time and really enjoyed all the gracious fans today at LJVM. I was afraid we were going to give it back to you at the end

glad you had a good time, everyone loves college basketball, good luck the rest of the way, you guys were just too good, we had a good win against Ga Tech but everyone is telling me we are not ready to play teams like you guys right now

Let's keep him next year just for the class and fire his ass next year if they don't make tourney. I'm ManningOut now, but must keep next year's recruits intact.

This is sarcasm. Right?

I hope so. A bunch of them could easily leave anyway once Manning is canned

Good analysis, except that I am not convinced that the players want to win enough to give the total effort that winning requires, particularly on defense. We don't have the athletes that we need, but even so if we played harder and smarter on defense our offense is good enough to win most of the games we have lost. Either we don't talk on defense or we don't listen and respond. The repeated baseline drives for easy lay-ups were maddening.

That said, I do want to commend Brown for working very hard on the defensive end...he may not always be in the right position but he does work hard.

Wonder why he doesn't get more minutes...

Both takes are well said and probably spot on. A little defense would go a long way. Just 3 or 4 more stops per game and maybe one or two less t/o's and our record is upside down right now. Little things matter.

There is really no reason to keep Manning around. It has been obvious for a long time that he is not ACC coach material. Keeping him for the recruits is ridiculous. One can't miss guy, a likely good player, and a couple of projects. The really good guy will be one and done.

In the NFL, you need a a top flight QB. You have to do what it takes to find him and when you miss, you find another option. In college basketball, you have to have a top flight coach. If you are smart (the opposite of Ron Wellman), as soon as you know you don't have your guy, you have to try again. Keep trying until you find the guy. Nothing else matters. Incoming recruits are irrelevant.

NC State is significantly less talented this year than last year, but now they have a coach. It took them 35 years to find him. Hope we do better than that.

Really had a good time and really enjoyed all the gracious fans today at LJVM. I was afraid we were going to give it back to you at the end

Yeah a lot of folks have been having a good time at LJVM this year that don't wear black and gold. Welcome to the club.

Good analysis, except that I am not convinced that the players want to win enough to give the total effort that winning requires, particularly on defense. We don't have the athletes that we need, but even so if we played harder and smarter on defense our offense is good enough to win most of the games we have lost. Either we don't talk on defense or we don't listen and respond. The repeated baseline drives for easy lay-ups were maddening.

That said, I do want to commend Brown for working very hard on the defensive end...he may not always be in the right position but he does work hard.

Wonder why he doesn't get more minutes...

Wanting to win is not the answer, hating to lose it the answer.

Don't be fooled, every top team is still making a run at Hoard and probably the others as well. They are pointing at our record and saying DM doesn't manage talent well.

IIRC, once they sign a NLI they can't transfer without sitting out a year.

Ignore the troll.

We'll be better next season with the incoming talent- even if one of us is the coach.

I guarantee if one of us was coach we'd show more fire and passion than the current guy.

Felt like y’all only had 2 good players, everyone else was Tulsa level both athletically and skill wise.

We were better while Wilbekin was out with an injury. Brown got 5 minutes in the second half. If MW isn’t hitting his jumper, he makes us look like we are playing 4 vs 6.

We were better while Wilbekin was out with an injury. Brown got 5 minutes in the second half. If MW isn’t hitting his jumper, he makes us look like we are playing 4 vs 6.

Manning values 3-point shooters over defense. I don't think he cares if you make them. He loves him some chuckers.

Manning values 3-point shooters over defense. I don't think he cares if you make them. He loves him some chuckers.

Yep. One of several things about his coaching that isn't going to change after four years here.

Back