• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Hosts NC State. 4 PM

Felt like y’all only had 2 good players, everyone else was Tulsa level both athletically and skill wise.

Wilbekin, Mitchell and Childress are for sure. Woods is as far as athletic ability. Thompson is below Tulsa skill wise.

They had one quality coach to our zero and that's what really matters.

Manning values 3-point shooters over defense. I don't think he cares if you make them. He loves him some chuckers.

He is trying to coach an NBA offense on a team with mid-level college players. That system can work in the NBA because, surprise surprise, a lot of NBA players can really shoot in game situations. Most mid-level college players can't.

That, and Sarr sucks and Brown is meh. This prayer that Hoard and Mucius are somehow going to provide Manning with instant results is idiotic. Calipari and K have shown that they know how to use freshmen, whether talented or not. Manning has not shown any ability to do that. I'll give him credit for developing Collins and Moore over time, but I've seen nothing to indicate that even talented freshmen can come in and immediately start getting us wins under his coaching. Whether or not we are decent next year will depend on how Sarr and Brown develop as opposed to the rankings of the incoming freshmen, and I'm not seeing much to go on at this point.

The biggest thing I’m looking forward to next year that will help Danny’s coaching, is that wilbekin will have no eligibility left. Another 1-8 (0-5 from 3) and played 31 minutes. Not going to win much when your shooting guard keeps doing that. And he is a defensive liability. I just cannot understand why he continues to get minutes.

The biggest thing I’m looking forward to next year that will help Danny’s coaching, is that wilbekin will have no eligibility left. Another 1-8 (0-5 from 3) and played 31 minutes. Not going to win much when your shooting guard keeps doing that. And he is a defensive liability. I just cannot understand why he continues to get minutes.

Yep. I like Wilbekin when he’s shooting well, but that is usually obvious within the first ten minutes of game time. When he’s cold, there is no point in playing him. It blows my mind that Chaundee doesn’t get more time.

Also interesting to look at the box score and see that their most dominant player (at least against us) played 40 minutes and scored 24 points on 10 field goal attempts.

We should be playing our best players more minutes. No reason for Brown to only get 16 minutes, when we couldn’t stop their guard. Especially when Brown was 3-4 from the field with 4 rebounds.

Remember when 3 or 4 years ago when people said Wilbekin was the type of player you wanted to have on your team as a Senior. Welp.

Also interesting to look at the box score and see that their most dominant player (at least against us) played 40 minutes and scored 24 points on 10 field goal attempts.

We should be playing our best players more minutes. No reason for Brown to only get 16 minutes, when we couldn’t stop their guard. Especially when Brown was 3-4 from the field with 4 rebounds.

I agree. Manning does not emphasize defense nearly enough. If he did, Brown would play a lot more.

Unfortunately Brown gets lost on defense quite a bit and his man drives past him causing big problems. Also, ball handling is not a strength. Hopefully, he will improve these areas by next season

Yep. I like Wilbekin when he’s shooting well, but that is usually obvious within the first ten minutes of game time. When he’s cold, there is no point in playing him. It blows my mind that Chaundee doesn’t get more time.

I don't disagree with much of this post, but the "I like so-and-so when he's shooting well" made me laugh.

By default, DM will be forced to play Starr, Brown, Hoard & Muscious more next year with MW and TT departing. That should help wing defense, but the guard situation will remain a question.

By default, DM will be forced to play Starr, Brown, Hoard & Muscious more next year with MW and TT departing. That should help wing defense, but the guard situation will remain a question.

Look for 2 transfers so Manning can run the 4 guard lineup.

We really need one of the two incoming guards to make an immediate positive impact.

Just looks that way because they are well coached.

Man, when is the last time someone could say that about Wake Forest basketball. Fuck me. Can't wait until football season.

Shit. I was one of them. Facepalm

Ha, just a sign of how folks have forgotten exactly how bad we were. We'd have killed for a guy that shot over 40% from deep, over 80% from the line and didn't turn the ball over back in the dark times. Now we hate him when he has an off night and because he struggles to defend opposing guards.

Back