• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Hosts NC State. 4 PM

We really need one of the two incoming guards to make an immediate positive impact.

No we don’t. We have three returning guards who actually need to play fewer minutes next year. It’s much more important for Chaundee to be able to play SG and for Melo and Mitchell to play productive minutes at the forward spots.

Biggest need is for somebody, anybody to play competent minutes at the PF spot. Right now that spot is producing a whole lot of nothing.

No we don’t. We have three returning guards who actually need to play fewer minutes next year. It’s much more important for Chaundee to be able to play SG and for Melo and Mitchell to play productive minutes at the forward spots.

I agree it would be great if Chaundee can handle the SG spot. But I didn't see that this year. Looked more like a small forward, which should not be a position of need next year.

Biggest need is for somebody, anybody to play competent minutes at the PF spot. Right now that spot is producing a whole lot of nothing.

Looks like it's Sarr or a grad transfer. Or two small forwards and no PF

This. Chaundee is shooting 45% from deep and 83% from the line in ACC play. Chill is an excellent backup PG. Craw and Woods will be seniors. The one thing Manning did get right this year was Woods as a 6th man. Manning's recruiting efforts are clearly geared towards length and versatility - it's not like he actually wants to play a 4 guard lineup. We'd kill for Chaundee to clean up his handle enough to start him and Craw at the 1/2 spots next year. Woods stays a 6th man. Play an actual SF and PF with Moore.

Remember when 3 or 4 years ago when people said Wilbekin was the type of player you wanted to have on your team as a Senior. Welp.

t\That's because wake had not had a scholarship senior in about 8 years. We forgot that they might not improve each year.

Ha, just a sign of how folks have forgotten exactly how bad we were. We'd have killed for a guy that shot over 40% from deep, over 80% from the line and didn't turn the ball over back in the dark times. Now we hate him when he has an off night and because he struggles to defend opposing guards.

Yay, close losses.

In terms of height or weight?
The guy currently playing that position is 6'7" 215

Over half the conference plays more of a second wing type player instead of a Power forward in their frontcourt. I would rather have a versatile 6'7"-6'8" on the floor vs the 6'2" trying to defend and rebound. No issue if Hoard or Mucous get lots of minutes at that spot or the 3. Would truly love to see Chaundee develop the handle more for 2g minutes but we will see.

I can tell ya, no one wants to see this WF team in the ACC tournament. They play their hearts out and usually compete. Look for em to make a deep run in Brooklyn

I can tell ya, no one wants to see this WF team in the ACC tournament. They play their hearts out and usually compete. Look for em to make a deep run in Brooklyn

I find pack30844's posts amusing, particularly when rubes get pissy not realizing he's trolling them, but how long would it take a Wake fan to get banned from Pack Pride for similar comments? Hint- far less time than he has been posting over here.

I find pack30844's posts amusing, particularly when rubes get pissy not realizing he's trolling them, but how long would it take a Wake fan to get banned from Pack Pride for similar comments? Hint- far less time than he has been posting over here.

yeah, he doesn't bother me in the least. Definitely better than some past trolls. The key is to not get cocky and just stick to his game.

Several years ago, Scottie was looked upon as the developmental goal for Mitch. Just hasn't happened.

This. Chaundee is shooting 45% from deep and 83% from the line in ACC play. Chill is an excellent backup PG. Craw and Woods will be seniors. The one thing Manning did get right this year was Woods as a 6th man. Manning's recruiting efforts are clearly geared towards length and versatility - it's not like he actually wants to play a 4 guard lineup. We'd kill for Chaundee to clean up his handle enough to start him and Craw at the 1/2 spots next year. Woods stays a 6th man. Play an actual SF and PF with Moore.

And according to Manning and Woods, it was Woods idea to come off the bench!

Back