• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

No. They want more reasons to demonize public school teachers. If they pass this legislation and Ms. Johnson makes it out alive and little Susie doesn’t, they care blame Ms. Johnson for not being armed.

I think he was being sardonic there to mock republicans, a posting method you just can't seem to grasp and feel compelled to issue a correction on every time.

You kid,right?

Communicating a threat to shoot other people - in mass and multiple times. He needed to be in a rubber room under observation.

I know why he shouldn't have had guns, but I'm just wondering what triggers would have honestly prevented him from obtaining them. I'm all for people who pose a risk to others not being allowed to purchase firearms, but I don't think the NRA honestly wants that discussion because folks stockpiling weapons should be on that list.

so you assume most of our uniformed service members are traitors incapable of following orders to protect the Laws of this Nation? wow, disrespect

No,I think the vast majority understand the Constitution they defend and certainly understand the meaning behind the 2nd Amendment. Even if you don’t.

No,I think the vast majority understand the Constitution they defend and certainly understand the meaning behind the 2nd Amendment. Even if you don’t.

Were the second amendment changed, do you think most gun owners would surrender their firearms to the authority?

if the government changes the laws of this nation, then following orders is by definition protecting the constitution. sounds like, not surprisingly, you don't know how laws or oaths work

I know why he shouldn't have had guns, but I'm just wondering what triggers would have honestly prevented him from obtaining them. I'm all for people who pose a risk to others not being allowed to purchase firearms, but I don't think the NRA honestly wants that discussion because folks stockpiling weapons should be on that list.

No,this kid should have been taken and committed to a mental facility and given the psychiatric help he so clearly needed. He was practically begging for it with the number of threats he’d made over the last couple of years.

I will say, the NRA's response has been fascinating. They clearly know they can't beat these kids, so they are trying to pretend they are on their side despite being called out repeatedly by name. (Yesterday a sophomore specifically called out Florida NRA lobbyist Marion Hammer.)

Also, all this bullshit gun stuff resides in a fucking amendment. It's not like the sweet sweet fair copy of the constitution was all about bearing arms. We can just amend it again.

I think he was being sardonic there to mock republicans, a posting method you just can't seem to grasp and feel compelled to issue a correction on every time.

Why do you continue to PM me and engage me if I piss you off so much? Just put me on ignore and be done. I have no beef with you. But if you have beef with me, just don't bother with me anymore.

if the government changes the laws of this nation, then following orders is by definition protecting the constitution. sounds like, not surprisingly, you don't know how laws or oaths work

That Right is not changing - that’s why it’s so near the top (the 2nd) because those who placed it there understood the tyranny posed by a State much more than you.

somehow "the Left" has lived with the constitution and is working to change it within the system. your answer is "kill everyone who disagrees with me"

way to go, conservatives

No,this kid should have been taken and committed to a mental facility and given the psychiatric help he so clearly needed. He was practically begging for it with the number of threats he’d made over the last couple of years.

So he should have been imprisoned for things he said or wrote, but there shouldn't be any restrictions on anyone's 2nd Amendment rights? You don't find any inconsistencies there?

somehow "the Left" has lived with the constitution and is working to change it within the system. your answer is "kill everyone who disagrees with me"

way to go, conservatives

Facepalm suits you. That was straight ignorance

Also, all this bullshit gun stuff resides in a fucking amendment. It's not like the sweet sweet fair copy of the constitution was all about bearing arms. We can just amend it again.

Amendment requires two-thirds majority in the House and Senate, or a Constitutional Convention of the states. Not the easiest thing to accomplish.

So he should have been imprisoned for things he said or wrote, but there shouldn't be any restrictions on anyone's 2nd Amendment rights? You don't find any inconsistencies there?

Owning a gun does not constitute the communication of a threat. There is overwhelming evidence that this person was threatening to kill others. I don’t care if he chose to load a pressure cooker with metal bits or wanted to drive a Lincoln into a crowd.

Back