• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

Amendment requires two-thirds majority in the House and Senate, or a Constitutional Convention of the states. Not the easiest thing to accomplish.

I can foresee a scenario where an unwillingness by the NRA to cede an inch makes this much more politically feasible than it seems today. That would be the single most contentious election cycle in my lifetime.

Amendment requires two-thirds majority in the House and Senate, or a Constitutional Convention of the states. Not the easiest thing to accomplish.

They placed the Amendment 2nd for a reason

That Right is not changing - that’s why it’s so near the top (the 2nd) because those who placed it there understood the tyranny posed by a State much more than you.

And they wanted members of state-run militias to have access to guns (read: muskets that could fire 3 rounds per minute at a range of 50 meters) for that purpose, not so your crazy ass can play pretend with your fellow small-peened redneck White Freedom "militia" jerking each other with who has the coolest prepper safe room with the most guns.

I can foresee a scenario where an unwillingness by the NRA to cede an inch makes this much more politically feasible than it seems today. That would be the single most contentious election cycle in my lifetime.

I’m sure if they thought progressives just wanted an inch. The Left cannot be trusted

Owning a gun does not constitute the communication of a threat. There is overwhelming evidence that this person was threatening to kill others. I don’t care if he chose to load a pressure cooker with metal bits or wanted to drive a Lincoln into a crowd.

Then you agree that we need expanded background check processes to prevent folks who engage in this kind of threatening behavior and language from purchasing firearms?

Shouldn't need an amendment. Doesn't stand for what the 2nd amendment proponents believe it stands for in the first place. The fact that the NRA and extremists have allowed that narrative to become mainstream has been the biggest failing. That needs to change.

And they wanted members of state-run militias to have access to guns (read: muskets that could fire 3 rounds per minute at a range of 50 meters) for that purpose, not so your crazy ass can play pretend with your fellow small-peened redneck White Freedom "militia" jerking each other with who has the coolest prepper safe room with the most guns.

Fuck You,you Leftwing Fascist Nut

I’m sure if they thought progressives just wanted an inch. The Left cannot be trusted

Thinking like this is why I think we will eventually see a political climate where amending the Constitution is viable. Whole communities are being changed by these incidents.

Shouldn't need an amendment. Doesn't stand for what the 2nd amendment proponents believe it stands for in the first place. The fact that the NRA and extremists have allowed that narrative to become mainstream has been the biggest failing. That needs to change.

It stands for exactly what we say it does

Thinking like this is why I think we will eventually see a political climate where amending the Constitution is viable. Whole communities are being changed by these incidents.

Left wing so called progressive Authoritarian Fucks

Last edited:
Right, I didn't say it would be easy. My point was that for people that worship the language of the constitution as if it were divinely inspired fail to acknowledge that the bill of rights was supplemental to the constitution itself.

Lectro, what's the end-game for the "untrustworthy leftists" in taking away guns? What do you think that solves for them?

Lectro, what's the end-game for the "untrustworthy leftists" in taking away guns? What do you think that solves for them?

I don’t care what You fascists want...only to stand against your bullshit narrative

Also, I think we can all agree that the second amendment is one of the worst pieces of prose ever written.

Colorado congressman booed as people demand action on guns

Patti Seno, 53, broke into tears as she recounted how her husband, a firefighter, was on the scene of the Columbine shooting and an attack at a nearby school in 2013 that killed one student. Her son had planned to see a midnight showing of the new Batman movie the night that the gunman attacked the audience in Aurora. Yet, she told Coffman, she hadn't spoken out until watching students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High in Parkland, Florida, campaign for new gun laws.

"I am ashamed, as it took children to shake me from my comfort zone to come forward to say enough is enough," said Seno, a Democrat. "An avalanche is coming to Washington, sir, and it is going to be led by our children."

Also, I think we can all admit that the second amendment is one of the worst pieces of prose ever written.

It is an absolutely brilliant addition to the greatest document for Freedom ever penned

Back