• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

Thankyou. For the purpose of getting something done we must harden the target. We can drone on and on about legislative proposals but something has to be done today. Legislation is not gonna change anything. Absolutely Nothing.

I thought conservatives were for smaller government? Or is that only when two rights go head to head and the pecking order must be established (where guns will seemingly always win out for the right)?

Man, you are being a little bitch. Par for the course.

CreamyG posting about gun control has nothing to do with pubs and dems. It has to do with protecting our children. I hope that serious gun legislation is passed. If it isn't, I'd like for the feds to step in and do something(aside from arming teachers) to protect children while their at school. Fuck me for that, right??

Oh, I'll try. I'll vote for the legislatures that swear to us they'll get it done, I'll continue to have the discussions with friends and family members pushing into them exactly what we are all talking about today. I am not leaning on my "it will never happen" opinion and saying we shouldn't try. I'm simply throwing out other ideas that I think could gain some traction, and I don't give a shit who shares those ideas. I don't listen to the NRA, nor do I share any of their ideology.

Fair enough - I just meant that it's not likely that you're going to get many people other than the far right to sign on to ideas like "build a wall around schools" because for everyone else the answer is pretty clear: limit access to guns to decrease the number of guns used to kill people.

Man, you are being a little bitch. Par for the course.

CreamyG posting about gun control has nothing to do with pubs and dems. It has to do with protecting our children. I hope that serious gun legislation is passed. If it isn't, I'd like for the feds to step in and do something(aside from arming teachers) to protect children while their at school. Fuck me for that, right??

For the same reasons in my last post, this idea isn't going to get any traction because the only people who will skip the obvious solution to get to ideas you're proposing are ones who are ignoring the obvious solution (conservatives).

Great. Now what about preventing shootings like Vegas, Aurora, Pulse nightclub, Charleston, Virginia Tech, Gabby Giffords, etc?

Again, I'm talking about nothing aside from school shootings. Also, again, we need to ban assault rifles or massacres like Vegas will continue to happen.

It's like a lot of you guys are jonesing to jump all over me for something that I have vocally agreed with you all on, over and over. It makes no fucking sense.

if only there was a way to work towards preventing shootings in all places that utilized the same type of weapon. weird.

Not trying to go all BKF on you guys but I'm going to go all BKF on you guys.

It's the snarky bull shit and unwillingness to attempt at understanding other peoples opinions that is going to prevent anything from getting done. I've made my point abundantly clear that the solution to the problem is gun control. This is an issue that we can all agree on. I then propose a "what if" scenario, in the case that nothing changes, and you guys collectively shit all over my idea just assuming I'm recycling an NRA talking point.

I've always had this POV regarding schools and it certainly didn't stem from hearing it from the NRA.

Not trying to go all BKF on you guys but I'm going to go all BKF on you guys.

It's the snarky bull shit and unwillingness to attempt at understanding other peoples opinions that is going to prevent anything from getting done. I've made my point abundantly clear that the solution to the problem is gun control. This is an issue that we can all agree on. I then propose a "what if" scenario, in the case that nothing changes, and you guys collectively shit all over my idea just assuming I'm recycling an NRA talking point.

I've always had this POV regarding schools and it certainly didn't stem from hearing it from the NRA.

On a thread about guns in school you spent a few pages talking about building schools into fortresses. Don't project that onto anyone else.

One of the "NRA talking points" is the focus on anything other than guns as the problem and your proposition changed the focus of the thread for literally pages.

Oh, I'll try. I'll vote for the legislatures that swear to us they'll get it done, I'll continue to have the discussions with friends and family members pushing into them exactly what we are all talking about today. I am not leaning on my "it will never happen" opinion and saying we shouldn't try. I'm simply throwing out other ideas that I think could gain some traction, and I don't give a shit who shares those ideas. I don't listen to the NRA, nor do I share any of their ideology.

Unless you are being completely dishonest with yourself, if you are voting for Republicans you are usually voting for politicians that are literally swearing they will get nothing done on gun control. There are definitely dems on the take from the NRA, but let's not pretend that resisting gun control is a bipartisan issue. It isn't.

Oh I'm sorry for freely discussing my views. I get that you have tunnel vision on just about everything and it isn't going to work out for you in the long run...But keep doing you.

^to numbers

Unless you are being completely dishonest with yourself, if you are voting for Republicans you are usually voting for politicians that are literally swearing they will get nothing done on gun control. There are definitely dems on the take from the NRA, but let's not pretend that resisting gun control is a bipartisan issue. It isn't.

Dude, I can't even come close to relating to the Republican party anymore. I doubt there will be any republicans that I vote for in coming elections.

But I'll readily admit that I do have tunnel vision on the issue of decreasing gun deaths and it's focused on decreasing the number of guns. Anything less is wallpaper.

The walls and arming teacher arguments are really a grift anyway, and that's pretty disgusting.

if only there was a way to work towards preventing shootings in all places that utilized the same type of weapon. weird.

You mean like the 129 dead Parisians killed with AK-47’s acquired illegally from Eastern Europe?

Keep reading those bs articles that claim people would find it difficult to get black market weapons

I just think your solution to shell out billions to harden the target will only move the location of where the mass shootings occur. So all you're buying with that massive amount of money is some psychological comfort for the parents.

Dude, I can't even come close to relating to the Republican party anymore. I doubt there will be any republicans that I vote for in coming elections.

The fact that you feel this way, helps me to believe that we will actually see some meaningful gun regulation passed soon. Because my guess is that you and risc aren't alone. Enough is enough. Protecting innocent Americans should be a bipartisan issue, and it finally seems like it's becoming one.

Back