• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

I just think your solution to shell out billions to harden the target will only move the location of where the mass shootings occur. So all you're buying with that massive amount of money is some psychological comfort for the parents.

And private sector contracts.

You mean like the 129 dead Parisians killed with AK-47’s acquired illegally from Eastern Europe?

Keep reading those bs articles that claim people would find it difficult to get black market weapons

harder than walking into a store and buying one

I just think your solution to shell out billions to harden the target will only move the location of where the mass shootings occur. So all you're buying with that massive amount of money is some psychological comfort for the parents.

And I think your reasoning is fallacious if you think a piece of gun legislation is going to deter future events like we just witnessed

Yeah Ranger, why would decreasing access to item X decrease the likelihood of someone using item X?

Please explain

CreamyG posting about gun control has nothing to do with pubs and dems. It has to do with protecting our children. I hope that serious gun legislation is passed. If it isn't, I'd like for the feds to step in and do something(aside from arming teachers) to protect children while their at school. Fuck me for that, right??

I was gonna say lay off creamy here, but then he not only referred to himself in the third person, he referred to himself with a sweet nickname in the third person -- so go after him.

Fair point.

I always found the argument of "they'll just get these guns illegally!" to be a little soft. In almost all these cases, they aren't getting them illegally, so it's a moot point. If we added the hurdle of having to get their guns on the black market, that seems like a good thing, no? Most of these kids are anti-social, so I doubt they are going to easily maneuver around black market arms dealers without raising some flags. If the worst case of gun regulations are that criminals acquire guns illegally, well that's still an improvement.

Not trying to go all BKF on you guys but I'm going to go all BKF on you guys.

It's the snarky bull shit and unwillingness to attempt at understanding other peoples opinions that is going to prevent anything from getting done. I've made my point abundantly clear that the solution to the problem is gun control. This is an issue that we can all agree on. I then propose a "what if" scenario, in the case that nothing changes, and you guys collectively shit all over my idea just assuming I'm recycling an NRA talking point.

I've always had this POV regarding schools and it certainly didn't stem from hearing it from the NRA.

I'm all for a civil conversation to find a solution to this epidemic but it cuts both ways. In the past 8 hours, the head of the NRA mocked the media, FBI, Democrats...Dana Loesch said the media loves "crying white mothers" (12 hours after acting like a patronizing brat and showing very very little empathy in front of mothers who lost their kids) and Lectro lost his mind on this thread trying to defend the 2nd amendment.

This lack of empathy and zero tolerance for compromising on anything while pissing in the faces of kids and parents who buried their loved ones last week. It's this type of shit that is turning off the vast majority of Americans who are 2nd amendment supporters including myself. If you can't act like a responsible adult on this issue and recognize that legal ownership of an AR-15 is a very big fucking reason we are living through this decade of lead and watching our kids get hunted in classes...then fine. But get ready to get voted out of office and get ready to see more gun control and safety measures enacted in the very near future. The country is rightfully pissed.

You can't repeatedly punch someone in the face and expect them not to fight back.

Last edited:
I wonder what ol' lec's position on drugs are? Legalize them all because there's just going to be a black market anyways right? Or is there some kind of voodoo economics surrounding the gun market that doesn't apply to other goods?

I was gonna say lay off creamy here, but then he not only referred to himself in the third person, he referred to himself with a sweet nickname in the third person -- so go after him.

At least he is trying for a real world solution. You just want to yell and shed crocodile tears until the next amped up issue wads up your virtue signaler

I wonder what ol' lec's position on drugs are? Legalize them all because there's just going to be a black market anyways right? Or is there some kind of voodoo economics surrounding the gun market that doesn't apply to other goods?

Or abortions.

I wouldn't say turning schools into fortress is a real world solution but I do credit Creamy for discussing the topic.

I wouldn't say turning schools into fortress is a real world solution but I do credit Creamy for discussing the topic.

Yes kudos for that. My post above wasn't directed at you Creamy but just the overall argument that gun safety advocates don't have a right to be pissed.

I'm all for a civil conversation to find a solution to this epidemic but it cuts both ways. In the past 8 hours, the head of the NRA mocked the media, FBI, Democrats...Dana Loesch said the media loves "crying white mothers" (12 hours after acting like a patronizing brat and showing very very little empathy in front of mothers who lost their kids) and Lectro lost his mind on this thread trying to defend the 2nd amendment.

This lack of empathy and zero tolerance for compromising on anything while pissing in the faces of kids and parents who buried their loved ones last week. It's this type of shit that is turning off the vast majority of Americans who are 2nd amendment supporters including myself. If you can't act like a responsible adult on this issue and recognize that legal ownership of an AR-15 is a very big fucking reason we are living through this decade of lead and watching our kids get hunted in classes...then fine. But get ready to get voted out of office and get ready to see more gun control and safety measures enacted in the very near future. The country is rightfully pissed.

Good post and agreed.

Man, that Dana Loesch is a real bitch. I don't condone violence on anyone, but she has a punchable face and comes across as the most disingenuous person I've listened to in a long time. The way she and the rest of the NRA have handled this has been embarrassingly bad.

Back