• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

At least he is trying for a real world solution. You just want to yell and shed crocodile tears until the next amped up issue wads up your virtue signaler

No, to be very clear, I want to take all of your guns and I will be happy with the baby steps of taking some of them along the way. I don't think it will be that hard to break into your trailer, but I am also fine with a drone strike.

Good post and agreed.

Man, that Dana Loesch is a real bitch. I don't condone violence on anyone, but she has a punchable face and comes across as the most disingenuous person I've listened to in a long time. The way she and the rest of the NRA have handled this has been embarrassingly bad.

It's embarrassing. I've talked to several NRA members who are big 2nd amendment supporters and they are horrified.

Good post and agreed.

Man, that Dana Loesch is a real bitch. I don't condone violence on anyone, but she has a punchable face and comes across as the most disingenuous person I've listened to in a long time. The way she and the rest of the NRA have handled this has been embarrassingly bad.

This isn't particularly new behavior from the NRA. They are not an organization with America's best interests at heart. That should be pretty obvious at this point.

No, to be very clear, I want to take all of your guns and I will be happy with the baby steps of taking some of them along the way. I don't think it will be that hard to break into your trailer, but I am also fine with a drone strike.

So who is the violent asshole now..the one that can’t put together 2 sentences,etc.,?

Maybe something groundbreaking does happen soon. A good point was made earlier that if Emma Gonzalez and some of these other kids continue to advocate and push their generation into thinking about the right things, SOMETHING positive is bound to come from it. If nothing else, baby steps.

This isn't particularly new behavior from the NRA. They are not an organization with America's best interests at heart. That should be pretty obvious at this point.

Anyone that calls themselves a proud NRA member is an awful person.

I wonder what ol' lec's position on drugs are? Legalize them all because there's just going to be a black market anyways right? Or is there some kind of voodoo economics surrounding the gun market that doesn't apply to other goods?

Funny how you are not as concerned with Uncle Pharma’s killing spree

Maybe something groundbreaking does happen soon. A good point was made earlier that if Emma Gonzalez and some of these other kids continue to advocate and push their generation into thinking about the right things, SOMETHING positive is bound to come from it. If nothing else, baby steps.

Agreed. You need to start somewhere and I applaud anyone who is willing take those first baby steps. But banning bump stocks is a drop in the bucket in solving this problem. We need to be looking at it holistically and attack it from all angles...assault weapons ban, background checks, your idea on school security, mental health, better coordination between law enforcement/education/health providers and yes maybe even a few more armed guards in schools. I don't know if this is the right combination or even the right tactics but I know we need a comprehensive approach. Unfortunately to accomplish something of this magnitude, you need leaders who can actually inspire, influence other people and coordinate with very large bureaucratic organizations. It's not easy but it's certainly possible. It's actually something our government did very well up until blind partisanship took over.

What percentage of NRA members fit under Hillary's definition of deplorables

Agreed. You need to start somewhere and I applaud anyone who is willing take those first baby steps. But banning bump stocks is a drop in the bucket in solving this problem. We need to be looking at it holistically and attack it from all angles...assault weapons ban, background checks, your idea on school security, mental health, better coordination between law enforcement/education/health providers and yes maybe even a few more armed guards in schools. I don't know if this is the right combination or even the right tactics but I know we need a comprehensive approach. Unfortunately to accomplish something of this magnitude, you need leaders who can actually inspire, influence other people and coordinate with very large bureaucratic organizations. It's not easy but it's certainly possible. It's actually something our government did very well up until blind partisanship took over.

There Newengland! That’s a conversation. Kudos to you!

What percentage of NRA members fit under Hillary's definition of deplorables

I don’t know but I do know through her emails that she thinks that her Democratic voters are dumb as a dam swineherd

Back