• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

It’s crazy that the same talking points are trotted out after each mass shooting but finally for whatever reason they aren’t working and people realize they are bullshit, I mean they have always been bullshit but appears to be clicking more

Because these kids have the moral high ground, and they are using it.

What's crazy is 8-9 years ago, Dana Loesch used to be one of the more reasonable Tea Party leaders.

Parent who lost a child asked about the rules NRA suggested implementing in 2013 and who would fund the changes.

NRA rep says its up to the schools and parents in the schools to implement the changes.

She..... knows she is talking to a parent that lost a child, right?

Every answer from the NRA crowd involves the purchasing of more guns. Dolla, dolla bills ya'll.

Yeah dumb add on at the end. She only received one gun related question, every question should have been on physical guns and what’s laws the NRA would back

I bet she thought those attempts to turn everyone against the cop would work. Too bad he already came out on the students side, so now she just looks like an asshole trying to pin this on him.

The NRA acts like the 2nd Amendment is binary - either you support no gun control at all or you support the complete abolishment of the 2nd Amendment. At some point more and more people are going to be for something in between, and the NRA is going to start losing its influence.

The NRA acts like the 2nd Amendment is binary - either you support no gun control at all or you support the complete abolishment of the 2nd Amendment. At some point more and more people are going to be for something in between, and the NRA is going to start losing its influence.

Or worse yet for them, people will accept their premise and choose 0 instead of 1.

I hope this is true

Don Lemon asked a Parkland kid if he thinks lawmakers (Rick Scott) were afraid to show up tonight:

Alfonso: I don't think they're afraid, I think they're not prepared, and I don't think they'll ever be prepared for something as strong as me and my colleagues, my friends, my families in this community, they aren't prepared for what's coming. They can hide as long as they want but they have to understand that the public has had enough. The kids have had enough.

These kids, man. I hope they're right.

Back