• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

I also have a feeling that you will see campaign adds painting some as being on the take by the NRA. Hopefully those opponents will go with the narrative of "I totally support the 2nd Amendment, but I also believe that there are common sense controls that we can add that will save innocent lives."

There’s definitely room for reasonable gun owners to start their own lobby and take power away from the NRA.

But they don't have nearly the money that the gun manufactures do. The NRA exists to sell more guns.

But they don't have nearly the money that the gun manufactures do. The NRA exists to sell more guns.

I'm sure there are some gun owners who support reasonable gun regulations and have deep pockets who could foot the bill.

Watching CNN and just saw an pro-gun regulation ad for Dem governor candidate Phillip Levine.

Honest question - are there any lobbying groups (at least that are worth a shit) that are financed and supported by regular citizens and not by businesses and/or industries? Maybe something like Planned Parenthood? Greenpeace? At the end of the day, the NRA has nothing to do with Billy Bob that sent in his $100 and got his truck window sticker. It is all about the gun manufacturers and the gun retailers and how they can make more money.

Scott is a disgrace

Hopefully Nelson has adds out within a few days that call out Scott for being a coward and basically someone that doesn't have the guts to stick up for the people of FL.

Hopefully Nelson has adds out within a few days that call out Scott for being a coward and basically someone that doesn't have the guts to stick up for the people of FL.

We can hope. I've lived in FL for almost 14 years. It's amazing how Nelson stays out of the limelight as a swing state senator who was a freaking astronaut. For what it's worth, Mel Martinez wasn't much of a news maker either. Rubio is in the local and national news 100x more than Nelson or Martinez.

A tweet for every occasion...
28058784_10214462603215307_8861443176990564495_n.jpg

Honest question - are there any lobbying groups (at least that are worth a shit) that are financed and supported by regular citizens and not by businesses and/or industries? Maybe something like Planned Parenthood? Greenpeace? At the end of the day, the NRA has nothing to do with Billy Bob that sent in his $100 and got his truck window sticker. It is all about the gun manufacturers and the gun retailers and how they can make more money.

https://momsdemandaction.org/

Edit: I realize that's not what you were looking for, but still.

Also a response to Dana Loesch, the NRA doesn't want background checks, and have worked to kill bills that promote them:

Don Lemon asked a Parkland kid if he thinks lawmakers (Rick Scott) were afraid to show up tonight:

Alfonso: I don't think they're afraid, I think they're not prepared, and I don't think they'll ever be prepared for something as strong as me and my colleagues, my friends, my families in this community, they aren't prepared for what's coming. They can hide as long as they want but they have to understand that the public has had enough. The kids have had enough.

These kids, man. I hope they're right.

Outside of a few tweets and tv clips, today was the first time I really listened to these kids. Damn...they are impressive and inspiring.

I also have to give props to the parents who were there - especially the ones who lost a child last week. As a parent myself, the thought of my kid dying in a school shooting makes me physically ill. I can't even imagine what they are going through right now.

Last edited:
Trump needs notes to instruct him how to act like a decent human being. It's not in his nature.

n_bwms_notes_180221_1920x1080.1200;630;7;70;5.jpg

This is how the gun nuts on my FB are reacting to Marco Rubio’s appearance.

aeda1073a8252e88dcc6e095f834cb0e.jpg

Trevor Noah made a good point that the people who have been through a mass shooting don’t advocate for more guns or armed this or that and don’t believe it would solve anything, and the people who do advocate for arming up haven’t been through a mass shooting and are completely convinced it would.

Trevor Noah made a good point that the people who have been through a mass shooting don’t advocate for more guns or armed this or that and don’t believe it would solve anything, and the people who do advocate for arming up haven’t been through a mass shooting and are completely convinced it would.

Their rebuttal is that they never would because they are armed and their magic boomstick would stop the bad guys immediately.

Even trumps twitter rant this morning about arming teachers has facts in it that disputed the idea that arming teachers works.

1. The idea that it’s all over in 3 minutes means that there is no response time so at least one to multiple people are being shot before this hero teacher emerges to take down that bad guy with their good guy gun.
2. That the people are crazy means that often they don’t care if they die so having armed teachers is not a deterrent they are doing it anyways.

The counter to 2 is that armed teachers threaten to lower the body count.

I’m tired of this arming teachers discussion. Every time we do it we engage in preemptive victim blaming.

I don’t think people advocating for arming teachers actually think it will work. They just want to shift discussion away from guns during the next mass shooting.

Yeah it’s an easy, but expensive and impractical “solution” that will never be implemented which allows gun nuts to use it over and over as their crutch after every school shooting.

Of the ideas out there arming teachers may be the absolute dumbest of them all

once again, I ask vets if they frequently battle assault-weapon armed soldiers with their small-caliber sidearms rather than rifles

Back