• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

Parkland survivors vote for the first time
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/parkland-survivors-vote-for-1st-time-months-after-massacre

On a side note, a friend of mine who is a Stoneman Douglas alum guest taught there today. She posted some pictures with students. It’s easy to think of these survivors as hardened activists but man. These are children. These are kids who are barely into puberty if that. They’ve never gone of a date, probably scared to dance. They’re children.

Parkland survivors vote for the first time
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/parkland-survivors-vote-for-1st-time-months-after-massacre

On a side note, a friend of mine who is a Stoneman Douglas alum guest taught there today. She posted some pictures with students. It’s easy to think of these survivors as hardened activists but man. These are children. These are kids who are barely into puberty if that. They’ve never gone of a date, probably scared to dance. They’re children.

Great post. So true.

Kate@KateERyanReplying to @NRA

You do know that Dr. King was killed by a sniper over 200 ft away; an escaped convict who still managed to buy a rifle and scope from a sporting goods store. A concealed carry permit would not have saved King, but mandatory wait periods and stronger background checks might have.

12:48 PM · Jan 21, 2019 · Twitter for iPad

Dr. King had good reason to fear for his life because of the NRA and their stance on guns.

Thanks Rick Scott. Thanks Florida GOP.

[h=1]Washington Elementary student, 6, blindfolded, sexually assaulted by security officer, police say[/h]The girl reported the incident the same day and was able to show investigators the room where it occurred and a black fleece jacket that was still there on the back of a couch.

TAMPA — A 22-year-old security officer at Booker T. Washington Elementary School has been arrested and charged with sexual battery for blindfolding and sexually assaulting a 6-year-old student, authorities said.
Malcolm Curtis Tillman of Tampa was arrested Wednesday after investigators received forensic evidence that supported an allegation from the girl, according to Tampa police. He was hired July 1, a school district spokeswoman said, as the district boosted its security staff under a new state mandate to station a guardian at every elementary school.

The girl told investigators Tillman took her out of class to a "game room" at the school on Jan. 10 and told her to sit on a chair with her hands behind her back, according an arrest report and a search warrant affidavit filed in the case.

"He told (her) he was going to take care of (her) and it was going to be okay," the affidavit says.
He then covered the girl's eyes and nose with a black jacket, "told (her) not to be scared," and sexually battered her, the documents say.
When the girl removed the jacket from her eyes, she saw Tillman's pants were unbuttoned, the records say. Tillman told the girl "they were all good," the affidavit says.
The girl reported the incident the same day and district officials contacted Tampa police. The girl was able to show investigators the room and pointed to a black fleece jacket that was still there on the back of a couch, the affidavit says.
Tillman denied the allegation but admitted he was alone with the girl in the room, the arrest report says. He told investigators he believed the girl was a victim of child neglect "and wanted to determine how safe she was at home," according to the report.
Tillman's semen was found on two sections of the fleece jacket, the report says.
"It wasn't until physical evidence came back that supported her account and undermined his that we were able to make an arrest," Hegarty said.

He cleared a background check? Or is it not necessary to do that for a school security guard...?

Thanks Rick Scott. Thanks Florida GOP.

[h=1]Washington Elementary student, 6, blindfolded, sexually assaulted by security officer, police say[/h]The girl reported the incident the same day and was able to show investigators the room where it occurred and a black fleece jacket that was still there on the back of a couch.

To be fair, I assume the Florida GOP assumed they'd be hiring white security officers

To be fair, I assume the Florida GOP assumed they'd be hiring white security officers

Like the white security officer who worked at his 6-year old granddaughter's school and killed her, his daughter, and his wife then drove to a high school to kill himself?

[h=1]He was ‘Officer of the Year.’ Then Hillsborough deputy killed his family and himself[/h] Sheriff Chad Chronister said the deputy killed his daughter and granddaughter at one home and his wife at another. Then Deputy Terry Strawn died by suicide outside Plant City High School.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/publi...th-investigation-in-plant-city-area-20181219/

He cleared a background check? Or is it not necessary to do that for a school security guard...?

There's a good chance a sexual predator could clear a background check if he's never gotten caught or never sexually abused a child before. That's the problem with background checks. There have to be victims and someone has to be found guilty for a background check to even work.

Newenglanddeac, I was going to say, thanks for ruining my Superbowl Sunday, but instead, you put into perspective. I get that comedians are edgy and cross the lines at times, but it is sad to see a man I once thought was very funny to be revealed as such a P.O.S.

Now, I'm going to hug my kids...and hope.

Newenglanddeac, I was going to say, thanks for ruining my Superbowl Sunday, but instead, you put into perspective. I get that comedians are edgy and cross the lines at times, but it is sad to see a man I once thought was very funny to be revealed as such a P.O.S.

Now, I'm going to hug my kids...and hope.

You’re welcome. I think...

Back