• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

Punished for walkout, Bucks students turned detention into viral gun protest

A bunch of students that were willing to risk punishment to protest were given Saturday detention, where they again protested, and the video went viral. Good job, adults.

If students at Pennridge High School had to serve Saturday detention for walking out of school to protest gun violence after they were told not to, they were determined to make it count.

In what they called “a modern sit-in,” the 46 Upper Bucks County students – the first of 225 who defied school officials on March 14’s National School Walkout Day – arrived for a two-hour detention last Saturday carrying placards bearing the names of kids gunned down in February’s Parkland, Fla., massacre, then sat on the floor and locked arms in a silent protest.

A video of their detention protest went viral – since viewed more than 3 million times, mostly on Twitter, where it’s been re-tweeted more than 32,000 times – and turned the Bucks students, now calling themselves the #Pennridge225, into icons of a growing youth movement going into Saturday’s March for Our Lives in Washington, D.C.

Really pissing off young voters hasn’t been the strongest gameplan for historical conservatism.

But those studies are limited to fifth Tuesdays in February of non-leap years.

I, for one, praise the GOP for finally figuring out how to get young voters to the polls, especially in an off-cycle year. Kudos, Pubs.

With all the snow melting for the march, will it look like Woodstock with 500,000 kids and a field of mud?

With all the snow melting for the march, will it look like Woodstock with 500,000 kids and a field of mud?

Snowflakes melting in Marxist mud.

These kids are so much worse than inspired generations of individual and free thinkers. Bunch of trained fucking monkeys

These kids are so much worse than inspired generations of individual and free thinkers. Bunch of trained fucking monkeys
Very excited for them to take your guns away.

I'm guessing you mean the training those monkeys received was huddling in terror while a guy terrorized their school with a gun

The kids who were shot at and watched their classmates get murdered 6 weeks ago? Those fucking monkeys?

An entire generation of "inspired free thinkers" raised and cultivated this generation based on those free thoughts. Wouldn't trained fucking monkeys think the same way as the "free thinking" generation?

Or maybe free thinking means that our generation can choose whether or not they think those "free thoughts" are bullshit and think for themselves?

Thurgood Marshall Academy partners with students from Parkland

Kelly said his brother’s death has inspired him to raise awareness about the gun violence that kids in urban schools have been dealing with for years.

“I think it’s really important, because gun violence has been a huge problem in our communities in Washington and in a lot of urban areas around the nation, but we never got the awareness and attention that we need to stop it,” said Kelly.

Kelly’s been invited to speak during Saturday’s March For Our Lives. He says he’s also looking forward to meeting with Parkland students on Thursday at his school.

I think Parkland can learn from Thurgood Marshall. Urban schools have a ton of security measures.

I know Parkland kids were upset about clear backpacks. Why?

Change in gun laws may happen but these kids need security NOW! Hopefully they will learn that giving up a little bit of freedom right now can do a whole lot of good to keep them safer.

Spending billions of dollars to turn schools into armored fortresses is a terrible knee jerk response.

I think Parkland can learn from Thurgood Marshall. Urban schools have a ton of security measures.

Change in gun laws may happen but these kids need security NOW! Hopefully they will learn that giving up a little bit of freedom right now can do a whole lot of good to keep them safer.

I'm sure you carry a clear vinyl purse around for safety.

Funny that this only applies to the kids.

Back