Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wellman to hold press conference at 5 PM today (MOONZ TROLL ALERT)

Quote Originally Posted by marquee moon View Post
    Oh I knew it was real, itís just that fucking dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    That helps illustrate how disrespectful that toilet idea would be beside the actual veteran memorials at the Joel.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    Bc that was the worst part of that idea
    holy shit this was a terrific exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    i'm curious how rj came up with 100-300 as the appropriate range of toilets needed
    This has always been my favorite part. It's so arbitrary in addition to being really broad.

Until we actually do this I don't think we'll get our desired results. RJ hit the nail on the head with this one. National press? You damn right

Its kind of ashamed that Jeff spent four years slowly turning the program back around only to see Manning wreck his work.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Anyone who doesn't think a sea of toilets at a college bball arena would be covered by ESPN and other national press is simply being stubborn and irrational. Besides never having seen such a thing, it would be thought to be hilarious.

please tell me this is real. im half drunk from beer lunch and cant handle the emotions right now haha

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    Anyone who doesn't think a sea of toilets at a college bball arena would be covered by ESPN and other national press is simply being stubborn and irrational. Besides never having seen such a thing, it would be thought to be hilarious.
    There are a lot of things that have never been seen before. That neither makes them a good idea or hilarious.

I don't think anyone ever suggested it wouldn't be covered by the press, but at least you defeated that straw man convincingly.

The Pumpfaker
    How about bidets instead for cleaning the unwiped ass? Kinda tough to get 100-300 though.

I disagree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by kernersvillan View Post
    please tell me this is real. im half drunk from beer lunch and cant handle the emotions right now haha

I'm with you. I seriously wasn't being sarcastic. A sea of toilets is not only symbolic of the shit show we've witnessed over the last decade, but it also shows there are 100-300 fans that still care about Wake Hoops.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    I know...

The others can't admit how much fun it would be and how easy to get coverage it would be.

I disagree with you
    i would bet a dollar it would not get national press

Historically Competitive

I'm not sure why I'm even responding to this but whatever.....

You have to remember, Danny Manning is still very revered by the national media and ESPN would essentially turn such a prank back onto the fans as us being absolute "assholes" and being unfair to Danny. It would not be thought "hilarious" by those outside of our little group because 99.9999% of the sports world gives less than two fucks about Wake Forest basketball.

And, 98% of national households, who actually care, remember Manning as a squeaky clean, Kansas kid (although he isn't) who led an underdog to the NCAA Championship.

This is precisely why great PR firms are highly sought after and make shit loads of money. It's called "thinking things through".

** We're in a big hole. A HUGE hole. Let's stop digging any further.
    Last edited by coredeac; 01-10-2019 at 05:00 PM.
    Oh Heavens Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by wakelaw13 View Post
    It's probably about the Billy Joel concert.
    This year's concert is The Rolling Stones on Saturday June 8 @ 8:00 PM. Gates will open at 5:00

Dickie Hemric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReff View Post
    This year's concert is The Rolling Stones on Saturday June 8 @ 8:00 PM. Gates will open at 5:00
    that would be the best thing to happen in the Joel in nearly a decade

Quote Originally Posted by TheReff View Post
    Kinda hard to do when they're playing that same night at Gillette Field.
    Oh Heavens Yes!

Moonz thinks he is funny (he's not), thinks he is clever (he's not), thinks he is smart (he's not), thinks we like him here (we don't), thinks he is the life of the board (he's not), thinks he can get one over on us after all these years, (he can't, well except for newbies), thinks talking about things totally esoterically targeted should be on a sports board (it shouldn't). Aside from that he is a respected poster here.

Genius
    Obsessed with RJK since 2005