• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman to hold press conference at 5 PM today (MOONZ TROLL ALERT)

24z5xh.jpg

Until we actually do this I don't think we'll get our desired results. RJ hit the nail on the head with this one. National press? You damn right

Its kind of ashamed that Jeff spent four years slowly turning the program back around only to see Manning wreck his work.

Anyone who doesn't think a sea of toilets at a college bball arena would be covered by ESPN and other national press is simply being stubborn and irrational. Besides never having seen such a thing, it would be thought to be hilarious.

please tell me this is real. im half drunk from beer lunch and cant handle the emotions right now haha

Anyone who doesn't think a sea of toilets at a college bball arena would be covered by ESPN and other national press is simply being stubborn and irrational. Besides never having seen such a thing, it would be thought to be hilarious.

There are a lot of things that have never been seen before. That neither makes them a good idea or hilarious.

I don't think anyone ever suggested it wouldn't be covered by the press, but at least you defeated that straw man convincingly.

I'm with you. I seriously wasn't being sarcastic. A sea of toilets is not only symbolic of the shit show we've witnessed over the last decade, but it also shows there are 100-300 fans that still care about Wake Hoops.

I know...

The others can't admit how much fun it would be and how easy to get coverage it would be.

I'm not sure why I'm even responding to this but whatever.....

You have to remember, Danny Manning is still very revered by the national media and ESPN would essentially turn such a prank back onto the fans as us being absolute "assholes" and being unfair to Danny. It would not be thought "hilarious" by those outside of our little group because 99.9999% of the sports world gives less than two fucks about Wake Forest basketball.

And, 98% of national households, who actually care, remember Manning as a squeaky clean, Kansas kid (although he isn't) who led an underdog to the NCAA Championship.

This is precisely why great PR firms are highly sought after and make shit loads of money. It's called "thinking things through".

** We're in a big hole. A HUGE hole. Let's stop digging any further.

Last edited:
Moonz thinks he is funny (he's not), thinks he is clever (he's not), thinks he is smart (he's not), thinks we like him here (we don't), thinks he is the life of the board (he's not), thinks he can get one over on us after all these years, (he can't, well except for newbies), thinks talking about things totally esoterically targeted should be on a sports board (it shouldn't). Aside from that he is a respected poster here.

Back