• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WE CAN DO THIS

Two freshman are going to fix this guys. Just WTNY!

Of course they will! Sure Kentucky has struggled with higher ranked freshman before, and of course there are at least 15 better recruiting classes coming in next year, BUT ..... Danny is such a genius he can take two guys ranked in the 20s and the 80s and turn them into 1-and-done All Americans, while also playing them out of position and with strange substitution patterns.

Looks like we're playing Cuse.

I think they get the 10 seed with a loss. ND beat Cuse head-to-head.

Ah, right ND actually beat cuse. I was looking at the next tiebreaker, where 'cuse had beaten Clemson, but that's irrelevant.

Against my better judgement, I went to the game today w/ my almost 4 year old daughter... Her first Wake Forest basketball game. We had a lot of fun, aside from the outcome. Some random thoughts from a guy that was there:

Woods has clearly checked out. I would be shocked if he comes back at this point. He looked like he wanted to be anywhere but playing for Wake Forest.

The referees were terrible. GT was making so many mistakes, they couldn't call them all. So many travels. So many fouls uncalled. It was brutal. First half was worse than the 2nd, though... It's not why we lost, but it was brutal.

GT does the same Chick-fil-A biscuit promotion that WF does. They should have done it in the first half for Moore & Brown.

Doral looks so frustrated out there at times. He gets open A LOT and nobody makes the pass to him. GT was fronting him most of the 2nd half w/ Cole sagging off of his man if we tried to go over the top... We should have done it anyway. Cole wasn't going to get there in time and it would have gotten Lammers out of the game for sure.

Moore has zero help on the boards. He is a rebounding beast.

Manning is not as stoic as everyone criticizes him for. I saw him speaking to the refs numerous times. I thought he might get a T once. He's not as animated (or goofy) as Pastner, but he does seem to recognize that he needs to speak up when we are getting jobbed. Having said that, we came out of the huddle in every timeout WAY ahead of GT. Like we'd just be standing around for 30+ seconds before GT took the floor.

The turnovers killed us. Defense was pretty good today, I thought... Especially when you consider how GT torched NCSU's D on Thursday night. But we don't value the basketball and it kills us.

Donovan Mitchell played a great game. I've been skeptical all season, but I definitely think he belongs in the rotation next season.

Aside from the 3 point play near the end, Crawford was absolutely miserable down the stretch. I do not understand it. Terrible decision making. He threw a behind the back pass on the perimeter very late in the game for no reason. WTF? Forced too many 3s. Drove into the lane too far on multiple occasions. I know he's our best player, but I'm at the point where I think it might be addition by subtraction if he leaves.

GT is terrible. They didn't even play well. Embarrassing loss for Wake.

So yeah, blow it all up. Let's start fresh next year. I don't mean fire Manning, because that's not going to happen this year... But if Woods (and Craw) want to leave and some other guys want to transfer, that's fine. Give me Moore, Chiil, and Brown and we'll build from there... Get some improvement from Sarr & Mitchell, and hope the incoming freshmen are good enough to play from day one (at least Hoard & Mucius).

There is no chance Boeheim will allow his team to lose a tournament game to Manning.

Also, Moore has been frustrated all year.

If Crawford is going to throw a behind the back pass really any time, he should be benched for the rest of the game.

Manning allows that shit when ANY good coach would not.

Against my better judgement, I went to the game today w/ my almost 4 year old daughter... Her first Wake Forest basketball game. We had a lot of fun, aside from the outcome. Some random thoughts from a guy that was there:

Woods has clearly checked out. I would be shocked if he comes back at this point. He looked like he wanted to be anywhere but playing for Wake Forest.

The referees were terrible. GT was making so many mistakes, they couldn't call them all. So many travels. So many fouls uncalled. It was brutal. First half was worse than the 2nd, though... It's not why we lost, but it was brutal.

GT does the same Chick-fil-A biscuit promotion that WF does. They should have done it in the first half for Moore & Brown.

Doral looks so frustrated out there at times. He gets open A LOT and nobody makes the pass to him. GT was fronting him most of the 2nd half w/ Cole sagging off of his man if we tried to go over the top... We should have done it anyway. Cole wasn't going to get there in time and it would have gotten Lammers out of the game for sure.

Manning is not as stoic as everyone criticizes him for. I saw him speaking to the refs numerous times. I thought he might get a T once. He's not as animated (or goofy) as Pastner, but he does seem to recognize that he needs to speak up when we are getting jobbed. Having said that, we came out of the huddle in every timeout WAY ahead of GT. Like we'd just be standing around for 30+ seconds before GT took the floor.

The turnovers killed us. Defense was pretty good today, I thought... Especially when you consider how GT torched NCSU's D on Thursday night. But we don't value the basketball and it kills us.

Donovan Mitchell played a great game. I've been skeptical all season, but I definitely think he belongs in the rotation next season.

Aside from the 3 point play near the end, Crawford was absolutely miserable down the stretch. I do not understand it. Terrible decision making. He threw a behind the back pass on the perimeter very late in the game for no reason. WTF? Forced too many 3s. Drove into the lane too far on multiple occasions. I know he's our best player, but I'm at the point where I think it might be addition by subtraction if he leaves.

So yeah, blow it all up. Let's start fresh next year. I don't mean fire Manning, because that's not going to happen this year... But if Woods (and Craw) want to leave and some other guys want to transfer, that's fine. Give me Moore, Chiil, and Brown and we'll build from there... Get some improvement from Sarr & Mitchell, and hope the incoming freshmen are good enough to play from day one (at least Hoard & Mucius).

Crawford is the most consistent player down the stretch that we have had for a long time. Something is not right here. His abilities and his consistent performances down the stretch are a disconnect.

I did not watch the game; it was a beautiful day

I do know that Lammers got his second foul 1:42 into the game and went to the bench for a while in half #1, and then got his 4th foul 4:01 into half #2, and that GT has no meaningful depth among the front line

I also know that Doral Moore, who is shooting 69% from the floor on the year, attempted 6 shots from the floor despite having an obvious talent / foul advantage for 85% of the game; meanwhile our team attempted 22 3's

Great summary. I missed the first 30 minutes and thought Manning was much more assertive and talkative w/the refs, but to no avail. How we failed to get Lammers out of the game after the 4th foul in incredulous. I knew the refs would protect him, but we never attacked w/Moore and others. Crawford at least did that. I agree w/Sailor Deac that Crawford's play (in the end especially) is vexing. The team that wanted it more - got the W.

Back