• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Wake Forest Basketball Coach...

26925e.jpg

Omg yes!

Danny won't leave on his own accord after this season.

My best guess is that he thinks he finally will have a team that resembles what he wants his teams to look like for 2018-2019. And he wants to stay and coach them, and finally have a legit shot at the NCAA tournament.

He’s already been to the NCAA tourney.

Oh mah jeezus that is brilliant!! Had me and my wife guffawing out loud upon gazing upon it. Haha Phil Collins.

Might as well hire Vlade Divac to give Danny some chain-smoking tips during games from the bench. Bring back the old Memorial Coli and let folks light 'em up!!

It’s probably time for the OFFICIAL Smokin Danny Manning thread.

THE DEFINITIVE LIST:

WES
Pat Kelsey
Thad Matta
Tom Crean
Nick McDevitt
Earl Grant
Nate Oats
Mike Young
LeVelle Moton
Micah Shrewberry

UPDATES:

WES - took #4 seed Gonzaga down to the wire, lost by 4
Pat Kelsey - no update
Thad Matta - supposedly interviewed for Pitt, is he for real?
Tom Crean - OFF THE LIST, took UGA job
Nick McDevitt - lost in 2OT to USC in the first round of the NIT
Earl Grant - also took 4 seed auburn to the wire and lost by 4
Nate Oats - SHOCKED ZONA beating their ass by 21 in the first round of the tourney; lost to UK in round 2
Mike Young - lost first round of the CIT to Central Michigan, oooooops
LeVelle Moton - lost play-in game by 18.... oops
Micah Shrewberry - still straight slinging coaching knowledge for the celtics
ADDITION: Ryan Odom - SHOCKED THE WORLD and beat #1 seed UVA

I love Smokin' Danny Manning.

Also noticed that the Phil Collins song catalogue has a number of titles that could be applicable to Danny Manning:

"I Can't Dance" - Lack of NCAAs
"You Can't Hurry Love" - He just needs more time
"I Don't Care Anymore" - General apathy toward Wake hoops
"Another Day in Paradise" - Relocated Paradise Jam losses against Drake & Houston
"Against All Odds" - Self explanatory

Reactions: Ayo
If Moton gets hired at least Manning will have someone to buy his used Wake gear and black/gold dress clothes.

Another name that might be worth a look if Manning gets let go after next season is TJ Otzelberger from South Dakota State. 40 years old... Only 2 years as a head coach (NCAAs in both), but was a top assistant at Iowa State and has a reputation as a good recruiter.

Biggest issue that I see is he's clearly a midwest guy... From Wisconsin.

Back