• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Wake Forest Basketball Coach...

Are you freaking insane!?

I mean, he's obviously a good recruiter but he has to be a bad coach IF everything said is true and he is the predominant coach of our guards. There has been one constant on the court throughout these past 8 years...

Barring something really unlikely, best case for Wake next season is for Woodberry to get a HC offer and leave, opening a spot.
Some retired good bench coach and defensive teachIer agrees to take the assistant job because he is bored and wants a challenge.

I don't see Randolph leaving until Brandon graduates. He eventually needs to leave and apprentice under a top 10 coach somewhere, then become a head coach at a mid major.

Doesn't seem like either of these 2 guys can coach their former position. Our guard play is an eyesore. Both need to be replaced. Tired of the bored looks on the bench

Last time around I thought the pick would be Russell Turner. He hasn't had a great record since then but fits the Wake image, has Wake experience, local guy (to ACC territory), and good coaching pedigree. In other words, checks a lot of Wellman's boxes.

I'm still not sure why so many are calling DM a good recruiter. Other than Collins and maybe Crawford and if Chaundee develops, who are legitimate ACC players? He's missed more than he hit.

I'm still not sure why so many are calling DM a good recruiter. Other than Collins and maybe Crawford and if Chaundee develops, who are legitimate ACC players? He's missed more than he hit.

Doral, Hoard, Crab showed promise pre dismissal. He's had at least 5 in 4 years, so 1.2 per class on average. He's an above average recruiter. But for the record Im still #ManningOut

Last edited:
Patrick Beilein (John Beilein's son)

Or anyone from the Beilein tree. Having watched Michigan 15+ times this season (and numerous times over Beilein's tenure), I am constantly amazed at the way they take care of the ball. They just don't make stupid turnovers. And they're incredibly efficient on offense.

Great article in today's Detroit News highlighting how Beilein has succeeded this year after whiffing on multiple 4* and 5* players over the past few years.

I heard Tubby Smith may come available.

Tom Crean.

No one else comes close to his track record, except for Thad Matta, and there are apparently other issues.

I’m all in on Earl, but it’ll never happen because DM is getting a 5th year.

Or anyone from the Beilein tree. Having watched Michigan 15+ times this season (and numerous times over Beilein's tenure), I am constantly amazed at the way they take care of the ball. They just don't make stupid turnovers. And they're incredibly efficient on offense.

Great article in today's Detroit News highlighting how Beilein has succeeded this year after whiffing on multiple 4* and 5* players over the past few years.

I'd be all in for a Beilein offspring, playing WVU in the tournament, and Ganseying the shit out of them.

Speaking of Beilein, it's crazy to think John Beilein was set to take the Wake job in 2001 prior to Skip Prosser expressing interest.

And the message board at the time would have imploded when Wellman hired some loser with a funny name from Richmond with only 1 NCAA Tournament.

Lets follow the Pittsburgh model... Get a pretty good coach ...get frustrated with him fire him
and get even worse

Back