• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Research Triangle Park Area?

You're confusing two major metro areas with similar names: The Triad (W-S, Greensboro, High Point) and the Triangle (Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Durham). The Research Triangle Park is located within an area of the Triangle.

I get that you're being sarcastic, but I still don't get it. Greenville, NC seems a little far out from Durham and Greensboro.

Why do you write like you’re a Russian bot? Interesting.

Well, I'm not 40 yet! LOL I'm only 31. I moved down to DC with my parent about 20 years ago and have been making it as a contractor the past few years.

I hear that Burlington is pretty cheap and it's close to Greensboro, Durham, and Chapel Hill. I've also thought about going back to school for a Masters Degree and that's a pretty good middle point if I choose to go to either Wake Forest, Duke, or the University of North Carolina. Isn't the Research Triangle Park supposed to be everything between Raleigh, Fayetteville, and Winston-Salem?

I think getting a job in North Carolina should be pretty easy for me after I move. I have several years administration experience as a contractor working in Washington, DC. I'd like to be able to use my education in Environmental Policy for one of these companies around there.

Charleston just sounds like a really nice place to live and there seem to be more people from Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey in the area. So it may not be as hard for me to fit in if I do a little more research and it has as much job prospects as the Research Triangle Park area.

Over/under on this guy thinking MSD is located in Wake Forest, NC?

You're confusing two major metro areas with similar names: The Triad (W-S, Greensboro, High Point) and the Triangle (Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Durham). The Research Triangle Park is located within an area of the Triangle.

Okay thanks for the explanation. I guess I'm looking in both of those areas then. Them and Charleston. lol

I'm also pretty interested in learning more about the Charleston, SC area. My cousin showed me pictures of "the battery" and it looks like a beautiful place to live and move to. I'm hoping to go and visit with him and his family later in April. They are renting a house in Folly Beach.

list your top five criteria for a place to live and we'll tell you where it is

list your top five criteria for a place to live and we'll tell you where it is

Here's some of the places that pop up in the map for me in North Carolina that seems to make sense:

Burlington
Randleman
Siler City
Chapel Hill
Greensboro

Charleston also looks nice. How about the South of Broad neighborhood area?

Here's some of the places that pop up in the map for me in North Carolina that seems to make sense:

Burlington
Randleman
Siler City
Chapel Hill
Greensboro

Charleston also looks nice. How about the South of Broad neighborhood area?

That’s too aggressive. You need to be more subtle.

Randleman has alcohol now. Truly, a city on the grow.

I'd recommend Brier Creek. They have a Hooters - people forget that.

All those places are very different. Depends what you like to do and your interests are. Like to drink aggressively and deal with tourists all the time? Then come to Charleston! But we really don’t need anymore people here

Back