• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Research Triangle Park Area?

Congrats! I think you've picked a great landing spot in the Research Triangle Park Area!

If you like wild animals be sure to check out the Greensboro Science Center. Its not that far from Asheboro.

Thank you all for you’re comments of concern. Just as a quick update I have decided to buy a house in Asheboro, NC. This looks to be a good central location within good driving distance of all the cities (Raleigh, Durham, Greensboro, Winston Salem, and Charlotte) where I’ll start looking for jobs after moving down to NC.

Some of you need to learn to be more polite to prospective new neighbors looking to better you’re state.

dude, you are going like 1,000 miles an hour. Why not rent to see whether you like the Research Triad or whatever you call it. Because (Spoiler alert) you might want to find somewhere fun if you are only 31.

Fun? He’s going to have the Zoo...what more could a 31 year old single guy want?

Thank you all for you’re comments of concern. Just as a quick update I have decided to buy a house in Asheboro, NC. This looks to be a good central location within good driving distance of all the cities (Raleigh, Durham, Greensboro, Winston Salem, and Charlotte) where I’ll start looking for jobs after moving down to NC.

Some of you need to learn to be more polite to prospective new neighbors looking to better you’re state.

Coming from DC, I think you'll be really pleased w/Asheboro. My son moved there from Atlanta and loves it: nice local joints to eat/drink/shop and not a thing in Raleigh, Greensboro, W-S or Charlotte that you can't get to in an hour or so. But the main thing he likes after being a urbanite for many years is being able to walk outside and take a piss in his own back yard.

Or were you talking about the Greensboro Science Center? I have not had a chance to go there yet. I did go to the zoo here. It's nice. Asheboro is a little small, but it's not too far from other places.

Back