• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Some good news: Jessie Bates

Sounds like he will be second round at worst. I guess he got pretty good advice after all.

Wow. Good for Jessie. Hope he doesn't go to the Falcons tho

Remember when people thought it was a stupid decision for him to leave and thought he should stay at Wake and bash his brain in for another year for no compensation?

This is great news.....for Jessie and for Wake.
He's listed right up there with the top players, and is ahead of many.
A very pleasant surprise if he goes in the first or second round.

Remember when people thought it was a stupid decision for him to leave and thought he should stay at Wake and bash his brain in for another year for no compensation?

Nobody on this board thought he was a 1st or 2nd round pick in this draft. Nobody. I’m sure people will tell you otherwise but nobody thought this.

Wow! Great news for Jesse if accurate. Always thought he was a player, but did not see a 1st or 2nd round pick coming. Thought someone would steal him in the mid-rounds. Kudos. Really happy for him. Love watching Deacs play on Sundays!

This will have a positive impact on FB recruiting.

Nobody on this board thought he was a 1st or 2nd round pick in this draft. Nobody. I’m sure people will tell you otherwise but nobody thought this.

I thought he had 2nd round potential, but that was the ceiling. He was really highly regarded after last season. I felt like he needed a really great combine to reassure folks concerned about the injury and his drop off in play this season.

I remember Bates first game he was all over the field, making seemingly every tackle. He was on a different level.

Well of course I thought he'd be a first rounder, lol. I think we all thought it was mistake, not only because we didn't want to lose him, but because his draft stock wasn't that high. Glad he's proved us wrong, I hope he kills it in the league!

Will be nice to hear on Sunday afternoon 'Starting at safety, from Wake Forest University, Jessie Bates'.

And many on this board will be saying 'yeah, I told people years ago that he'd be starting in the NFL'.

I think the Panthers need to get a safety in the first three rounds. Not sure about the first though. We’ve got huge holes at DE and S but those could be filled in free agency. The dud at LT needs to be addressed with a rookie deal.

Think I saw another mock draft that had him as the last pick of the second round to the Browns. If he's there in the second, I'd really like to take him.

Back