• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Some good news: Jessie Bates

Of course that also doesn't have Ejiofor going in the top 5 rounds.

I think Duke's shoulder problems and lack of participation in the recent camps has hurt his draft status.

Would love the Ravens to pick Serigne in the 7th. Honestly, I just hope the kid gets drafted. Is he a poor blocker or something? He has great offensive talent.

Seem to remember he was playing through an injury or two almost the entire season but I was under the impression they weren't that serious.

Sometimes the recovery from surgery takes a little longer than expected. Particularly to recover to the point where you can do strenuous exercise, and get back to performing at the level you could before the surgery. It isn't just doing the drills, it is doing the drills well. If Duke wasn't able to practice the drill skills, he probably was better off as a non-participant then doing only 1 or 2 reps of bench press, a 6+ 40 etc.

Would love the Ravens to pick Serigne in the 7th. Honestly, I just hope the kid gets drafted. Is he a poor blocker or something? He has great offensive talent.

yes, he rates as a poor blocker and small-ish for an NFL tight end

From NFL.com:

WEAKNESSES Undersized and limited to role as H-back. Effort as a blocker is disappointing. Poor hand placement and and inability to sustain blocks is a concern. Slow into break points. Below average route speed and separation from cuts. Struggles to create workable downfield catch space through leaping and body positioning. Needed misdirection or busted coverage to open big play opportunities. Leggy in space. Lacks agility and foot quickness to create after short catches. Jammed up by redirecting linebackers.

Man, those are some brutal weaknesses. That makes you wonder how he ever even made his JV team, aside from all the blown coverages.

Man, those are some brutal weaknesses. That makes you wonder how he ever even made his JV team, aside from all the blown coverages.

If you read the strengths, he catches stuff thrown at him very well, even in traffic. And hangs on to the ball.

If you read the Les Johns article about WFU football spring, apparently Wolford and Cam were very much on the same page. Wolford would throw the ball to a spot, and Cam would show up at that spot and catch it.

Cam was a good college player on a bad team for most of his career. He had great chemistry with his QB. I get the weaknesses. He will be remembered fondly by us no matter what happens at the next level.

Cam was a good college player on a bad team for most of his career. He had great chemistry with his QB. I get the weaknesses. He will be remembered fondly by us no matter what happens at the next level.

Who, if I'm not mistaken, set CONFERENCE records for receptions, yards and TDs by a TE.

Who, if I'm not mistaken, set CONFERENCE records for receptions, yards and TDs by a TE.

Cam's real strength was actually, you know, CATCHING the football. Its a concept. And why he set ACC records.

But that’s the problem. Cam has to distinguish himself from all these guys who can catch the ball.

Was watching NFL Network and they were doing a mock draft special. One analyst listed Jessie Bates as a top day 2 sleeper. Said he reminds him of Kurt Coleman.

Back