• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who would you want to coach Wake Basketball in 2019?

Who would you want as coach in 2019

• Total voters
Does anyone remember if Odom extended any recruiting overtures Poetry?? Might have been a nice back up to Chill at the point for a couple years before taking over. Although then we may not have gone after Rutland.

This is sacrilege, there is only one "Poetry," and that is Lawrence Moten, who was friends with Childress, so they would probably both cut you if they saw this.

lawrence-moten.jpg

The more appropriate thread title is "who would want to coach at WFU in 2019"

This is sacrilege, there is only one "Poetry," and that is Lawrence Moten, who was friends with Childress, so they would probably both cut you if they saw this.

lawrence-moten.jpg

Bien sur monsieur!! But I was only quoting his wiki page. Obviously the NC Central folks assigned the nick name to Levelle as well, but Lawrence was a freakin' stud and the O.G.

Matta turned down 5 yrs/$15 million from UGA. Whoever Wake goes after post-Manning era we should be prepared to offer more than $3mil./year to get top talent.

Matta turned down 5 yrs/$15 million from UGA. Whoever Wake goes after post-Manning era we should be prepared to offer more than $3mil./year to get top talent.

They messed up by not including free chiro services daily, a life supply of TENS unit pads and a new Teeter "hang up" before every season!! He wanted the full monty on being treated like royalty, duh!

I’d take Bennett or Stevens over all of these guys, wouldn’t you?

perhaps you and I are answering different questions, but why the fuck would either of those guys take this job? Or are you just making a point about something.

perhaps you and I are answering different questions, but why the fuck would either of those guys take this job? Or are you just making a point about something.

I’m answering the question in the thread title. Judging by the options listed I didn’t think the follow up question “why the fuck would they want to take this job” was required.

I’d take Bennett or Stevens over all of these guys, wouldn’t you?

Of course I would. But not voting "Other" in a poll that doesn't include them because you understand that neither could ever be the coach of Wake doesn't define LOWF. It's particularly absurd coming from someone who continues to argue for giving Manning one more year. There is perhaps no better definition of LOWF than your argument that he's probably not the guy, but we should keep him around another year to be absolutely sure.

Of course I would. But not voting "Other" in a poll that doesn't include them because you understand that neither could ever be the coach of Wake doesn't define LOWF. It's particularly absurd coming from someone who continues to argue for giving Manning one more year. There is perhaps no better definition of LOWF than your argument that he's probably not the guy, but we should keep him around another year to be absolutely sure.

I’ve never argued that’s why we should keep him around another year.

Listen up. If you don't vote other, you're LOWF. A real Wake fan wants us to mind-meld Wooden, K, and Popovich into an AI program and implant it into the head of a brain dead teen's body so that we can have a super coach for the next 70+ years. If your goal is anything less than 68 straight National Championships (any coach would need 2 years to recruit some better players), you're LOWF as fuck.

Listen up. If you don't vote other, you're LOWF. A real Wake fan wants us to mind-meld Wooden, K, and Popovich into an AI program and implant it into the head of a brain dead teen's body so that we can have a super coach for the next 70+ years. If your goal is anything less than 68 straight National Championships (any coach would need 2 years to recruit some better players), you're LOWF as fuck.

I’d take 2-3 final fours and one championship a decade. And actually any coach taking over for Wake this offseason should be expected to make the tournament next year at a minimum.

Back