• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who would you want to coach Wake Basketball in 2019?

Who would you want as coach in 2019

• Total voters
How the hell is Beard DFL in this?

hes tied for last...with our excuse of a coach. but im the one thats wrong about this...eye roll

Crean just went to Georgia, Beard at Ttech, Pearl at Auburn, Sampson at Houston, those are all really good coaches at programs that you could argue arent historically better than us. Look at the end of the day Wake is in the ACC, we got some history, arguably produced the greatest PF in NBA history and evidence of some really good players in the NBA. The reality is the right coach could make Wake great again. So yes i think Wake is a very attractive job.

Crean just went to Georgia, Beard at Ttech, Pearl at Auburn, Sampson at Houston, those are all really good coaches at programs that you could argue arent historically better than us. Look at the end of the day Wake is in the ACC, we got some history, arguably produced the greatest PF in NBA history and evidence of some really good players in the NBA. The reality is the right coach could make Wake great again. So yes i think Wake is a very attractive job.

But the AD has no eye for talent, so we can continue to be envious of bad programs with good coaches.

Watching the NCAA tourny is depressing, watching all this great coaching makes me jealous.

How the hell is Beard DFL in this?

I didn’t vote because this is a dumb poll, but Beard would be high on the list. Unfortunately, I don’t think he’d leave TT for Wake.

Given he went to Texas and coached under Knight at TT, I have to imagine it will be near impossible to pry him away from the Lone Star state. The Big 12 isn’t some lesser conference.

Yeah, TT struck the lottery there. Have to imagine he'd only leave there for a top 5ish job

Lol, the guy DFL in this is in the Elite 8.

But Kelsey and Miller!!!!!11

Lol, the guy DFL in this is in the Elite 8.

But Kelsey and Miller!!!!!11

Most people are sticking with realistic options. Wake will not be choosing coaches from power 5 teams. Not a very good chance to take them from mid majors either.

Back