• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who would you want to coach Wake Basketball in 2019?

Who would you want as coach in 2019

• Total voters
Just one? Or throw out some preferences??

Matta, if health is not a concern

Fran McCaffery might've been a good choice in 2010 after we supposedly struck out on Alford/Stevens feelers

John Beilein to reverse the nut punch \ Pittsnoggling bad karma from 2005?

Ooo, that's right, I do like the idea of Earl Grant cuz of his asst bench experience under Marshall and Brownell (ACC game experience), in addition to what he's doing at CofC.

Last edited:
Just one? Or throw out some preferences??

Matta, if health is not a concern

Fran McCaffery might've been a good choice in 2010 after we supposedly struck out on Alford/Stevens feelers

John Beilein to reverse the nut punch \ Pittsnoggling bad karma from 2005?

Pick based on state of the program today. If your favorite choice isn't listed, pick other and reply to thread with that coach's name.

Ya some of that above was just ruminating out loud / tongue in cheek. Tough to argue against a healthy / motivated Matta, but I'll go with Grant for this exercise. Think the program does need some young, hungry, rising-star talent to inject a serious boost of "cool" and passion to motivate, not to mention some better X and O's.

Chris Beard and it's not even close. But RJ has a better chance of hooking up with Alexis Ren tonight than that happening.

Chris Beard and it's not even close. But RJ has a better chance of hooking up with Alexis Ren tonight than that happening.

Pretty much, though Danny Hurley is fairly close for me

You might as well add Greg Popovich. He is as likely as anyone but Manning.

Current favorite Thad Matta has been offered the UGA job. Firing coaches late is never advantageous. Better to be the first offer.

Ron Wellman. Couldn't do any worse than his last two hires.

As or right now 94% of those who have voted want DM out in 2019. We'll see how this goes but that in itself is the best reason to part ways now in order to take advantage of some guys out there who are available.

sham poll, no levelle

Does anyone remember if Odom extended any recruiting overtures Poetry?? Might have been a nice back up to Chill at the point for a couple years before taking over. Although then we may not have gone after Rutland.

Three-year letter-winner (1989–92) under head coach Frank Williams. Named All-Conference ('90-'92), All-State ('92), Cap5 Player of the Year ('92), Triangle Player for the Year ('92), and McDonalds's All-American Honorable Mention ('92).

Nevermind, found a blurb from his auto-bio where he mentions who recruited him:

I received offers from numerous schools, including N.C. State and Wake Forest and decided to attend N.C. Central University, where I am now the head coach.

NCAA+Basketball+Tournament+First+Round+Miami+1WvPj_OMUB5m.jpg

Back