• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donovan Mitchell Transferring

He’ll probably be an important 6th man on a team next year like a Marquette and will win a game or 2 in the NCAAT as a 7 seed.

Or he will probably be sitting on a bench in street clothes. Unless we was able to graduate from Wake in 2 years.

he'll end up being an all-conference player at like pepperdine or pacific

Bummer. Seemed like he had the potential to contribute next year.

So the guys in bold have left, are definitely leaving, or are rumored to be leaving:

Moore
Crawford
Hoard
Chaundee
Woods
Sarr
Mucius
Childress
Mitchell
Eggleston
SJM
Washington
Wright
Lewis

Did I miss anyone?

Not ideal, but outside of Woods we are just rotating the end of our bench.

Donovan you say? i think i have an appropriate quote:

Knowing her fate, Atlantis sent out ships to all corners of the Earth
On board were the Twelve:
The poet, the physician, the farmer, the scientist
The magician and the other so-called Gods of our legends
Though Gods they were
And as the elders of our time choose to remain blind
Let us rejoice and let us sing and dance and ring in the new
Hail Atlantis!

I can't help but laugh at you're misfortune. We may be bottom of the barrell right now, but we're covering our heads hoping you don't land on us because you're falling so fast but you're not falling very far at this point so it probably won't really hurt that much.

This is a really bad sign IMO. If it happened last season, I would understand as he didn't really play. But he got a lot of time this year and likely would have played a decent amount next season.

He was our 9th man this year and would have been our 9th man next year. Even if Manning granted our wish and played a shorter rotation, having a solid 9th and 10th man is useful.

But at the same time, he was going to be our 9th man.

Call us when you get two Top 60 players in a class.

I can't help but laugh at you're misfortune. We may be bottom of the barrell right now, but we're covering our heads hoping you don't land on us because you're falling so fast but you're not falling very far at this point so it probably won't really hurt that much.

and we can't help but laugh that you paid for a degree

1/10

I went from thinking Donovan Mitchell sucked to thinking he had a nice stroke and could belong in the rotation going forward. But with the current roster, he was 8th or 9th on the depth chart (depending on Woods coming back or not).

Better for him, anyway... He's cut out to be a 3 on a mid-major type team instead of a slow 3 / undersized 4 in the ACC.

But yeah, even thinner at the 4. I think, even more now, that we'll see a lot of Crawford/Brown/Mucius/Hoard/Moore next season, with Sarr coming in at the 4/5.

What a shit show. I guess players don't like playing for a shitty coach.

Who can blame him. Year one, he gets less minutes than a walk on. He should have gotten minutes in games that were essentially over.
Year two, he sits behind the worst startin forward in P5 basketball.

Fire the coach. Keep the players.

Seems like our strategy is to bring in a bunch of "sleepers" and then have them leave when they never wake up. Not sure if it is too late, but hopefully Manning and Co now realize that you have to bring in at least a couple of guys that can contribute immediately in every single class. Having as many guys leave as you bring in each year won't cut it.

Hahaha Wake Forest, where potential is awakened! Or not.

I was looking to see if there was any information about him on JuicyCampus or YikYak, but it looks like those sites have shut down. I think it might be some sort of thing that maybe he knew a lot of girls and they were at odds which can be very distracting, especially on a small campus. So, if you ever have the option definitely go to a bigger school where the hotties are plentiful.

Back