• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donovan Mitchell Transferring

By the time they've finished their sophomore year 40% of players have transfered. Realizing you're never going to start for an ACC program short of guys in front of you leaving or getting hurt puts everyone to a decision. Some guys like Cav not only benefit from transferring to weaker competition, but also from a year of getting stronger and better with no worries about being game ready. Look at Shelton Mitchell - he comes in as a slow, tubby player with a broken jumper and has a disastrous freshman year and transfers, now he's an excellent starter on a good ACC team and he's barely recognizable.

If I were in that position I'd transfer as well, and it wouldn't have all the much to do with coaching or the school or any other reason assuming the goal is to make money playing basketball. Wake is better off being up front with those players and encouraging them to do what's best for their careers, not bulshitting them or promising playing time that will never come.

If Wake can be on the receiving end of the other side of that coin, then everyone wins. Thompson was a disaster but you have to hope that was due to Dinos late exit. Woods was an excellent pickup, and if he leaves we have space for a shooter and a banger inside. I don't see Sarr as ready to start yet next year, so he'll likely backup Moore at the 5 and mix in some time at the 4. Hoard and Brown will start every game. Craw as well unless he leaves, then it'd be Chill. Add a high percentage 3 point shooter and a quality backup 4 and we're in pretty damn good shape.

Bring in some stiffs, mismanage the talent and miss the tourney? Manning out.

But that’s what he’s already done.

I do agree that Mitchell was not a key to the season next year, but...

we got bullied around by grown-ass men playing for VT (Allen, LeDay) and Kansas State (Iwundu, Johnson) in our last two losses of the season last year

someday it would be nice to have some old bullies on our team

maybe by 2025

we got bullied around by grown-ass men playing for VT (Allen, LeDay) and Kansas State (Iwundu, Johnson) in our last two losses of the season last year

maybe by 2025

Wake has seen a little of that when Key drives. You know he will get to the rim.

Sure feels like a continuation of BZaster. Same record 3 out of 4 years. Same amount of players bailing.

Same guys preaching that he needs more time. Wellman still fiddling while watching the fires burn.

Sure feels like a continuation of BZaster. Same record 3 out of 4 years. Same amount of players bailing.

Same guys preaching that he needs more time. Wellman still fiddling while watching the fires burn.

Btw, in looking at Mississipi State's team, Howland's top two recruits transferred out of his gigantic 7-man 2016 class. Eli Wright was the 3rd ranked but hasn't done much. Lower ranked players have performed better.

Eli Wright hasn't really done anything yet. He averaged 13.1 mpg his as a FR and managed 3.5 ppg on 53% FGA. As as SO, he averaged 14.4 mpg and put up 3.2 ppg on 41% FGA. 3pt FGA as a SO was 21%.

Koby McEwen was hurt all year but he was great as FR. When he chooses UT State though, I think that's a sign he was interested in something else.

McEwen played in 30 games and averaged 15.6/5.4 rbs/3.2 assists

Turns out missing on McEwen was probably more hurtful than missing on Giles.

Eli Wright hasn't really done anything yet. He averaged 13.1 mpg his as a FR and managed 3.5 ppg on 53% FGA. As as SO, he averaged 14.4 mpg and put up 3.2 ppg on 41% FGA. 3pt FGA as a SO was 21%.

Koby McEwen was hurt all year but he was great as FR. When he chooses UT State though, I think that's a sign he was interested in something else.

Obviously Mormonism and the Church of Ladder Day Saints... ;-) Kwe Parker transferred from Tenn right? Anyone remember where?

Obviously Mormonism and the Church of Ladder Day Saints... ;-) Kwe Parker transferred from Tenn right? Anyone remember where?

Cape Fear Community College.

Not kidding.

Also, his full name (from his UT bio): KweShaun Demeatress Parker

If the fetus in my wife's uterus is a male, I will name him Demeatress. Well, no I won't. But I'll at least ask my wife if it is OK.

Well I’m pissed he’s leaving.

How come he gets to walk away from Wake basketball and I have been sentenced to a life of watching this bullshit season after season?

Why can’t I just be a dook fan?

Cape Fear Community College.

Not kidding.

Also, his full name (from his UT bio): KweShaun Demeatress Parker

If the fetus in my wife's uterus is a male, I will name him Demeatress. Well, no I won't. But I'll at least ask my wife if it is OK.

Didn’t even start for Cape Fear last time I looked.

maybe by 2025

If only Doral and Sunday could get inspired by watching tape of Chas McFarland.

Back