• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Thread

Go count up the number of top-150 guys on both rosters.
Depends on which site you use. Va Tech 7 vs. Wake 4 (5 if you count Sarr being a 4-star on Scout). Meh. Not "way, way" more talent.

And again, it's the head coach's responsibility to bring in the talent. It's far easier, even in our current pit of misery, to get talent to come to Wake than VT.

Buffalo's starting PF, Jeremy Harris, and bankup center (who gets a lot of run), Ikenna Smart are both from Greensboro.

Depends on which site you use. Va Tech 7 vs. Wake 4 (5 if you count Sarr being a 4-star on Scout). Meh. Not "way, way" more talent.

So in other words, he has basically double the amount of top-150 guys, and enough to start them all and have a few come off the bench. Wake has 3, not counting Sarr. Unsurprisingly, those 7 basically comprised VT's minutes and points.

WF started TT. He would not play a meaningful minute at VT.

WF fans are the guy with loud, fat, disgusting troll wife. The miserable relationship makes every other chick (Dino, Buzz, Crean), even the crazy/flawed ones, in the world look hotter than they are.

Last edited:
Such a sad state of affairs when Wake fans are more incensed at the suggestion that the damn Viginia Tech coach is an annoying troll who whitesplains his political beliefs to his players when the cameras are rolling than literally any level of attacks on Wake itself.

It's so pathetic to watch posters just fall all over themselves praising coaches like Keatts and Buzz, or last year Pastner. At least DR reserves his jealousy for coaches like Roy and K who run dominant programs. It has to be hilarious for VaTech fans to watch Buzz and his 32-40 record with no NCAA tourney wins in 4 years come here to find out that's an incredible accomplishment.

I don't care if we'd just extended [Redacted] for 15 years or if Skip was still alive and well and coaching us to Final 4's - I'm not watching Buzz and his antics blow up in the last 2 minutes of another NCAA tournament first round exit without enjoying it a little, because fuck Virginia Tech. If Keatts is only going to get his NBA-bound 7 footer 4 shots in their biggest game of the year after getting dropped by Boston College in the ACC tournament, good. I hate NC State. It's such a loser mentality to heap praise on these middle tier coaches of rival teams.

Post that Buzz Williams sucks on the Wake board? Outrage and vitriol. Post that Manning is a complete idiot, call him the Black [Redacted] or tag him as the affirmative action hire? All good. Miserable fan base in top form these days.

ALL IN on the Charleston ML tonight at +400

Gotta double down on my Buffalo ML keesh

Liked Buffalo too because the public wasn't on them, but they all over CofC.

Doesn't seem like a viable public-hated dog today, unless Bucknell or LIPSCOMB count!

The only reason that we're a miserable fan base is because we are collectively miserable from all of the losing.... :(

NCAAT next season or bust.

shooters of the game winners for Gonzaga and Loyola both went to Simeon here in Chicago, same school that produced Derrick Rose, Jabari Parker

So in other words, he has basically double the amount of top-150 guys, and enough to start them all and have a few come off the bench. Wake has 3, not counting Sarr. Unsurprisingly, those 7 basically comprised VT's minutes and points.
So this is the argument you're gonna use to put down Buzz and prop up Manning? That Manning only has 3 top-150 players in Year 4? I was including SJM, who was top-100 on 247.

Silly me for having a little more confidence in the guy who went to 5 straight NCAATs at Marquette, including one Elite 8 and two Sweet 16s, than Manning and his two 20-loss seasons in 3 years.

The only reason that we're a miserable fan base is because we are collectively miserable from all of the losing.... :(

Sure, and that's completely understandable. If some fans cope by shitting on Wake and jumping on the NC State and Va Tech bandwagons that's their choice. It's just more embarrassment to add to the pile.

Sure, and that's completely understandable. If some fans cope by shitting on Wake and jumping on the NC State and Va Tech bandwagons that's their choice. It's just more embarrassment to add to the pile.

I rooted against both State and Va Tech, because F*%@ them both. However no one is taken a bigger s*** than Ron Wellman, who has spent the last decade defecating in the Wake fanbases' collective mouth, yet some of you keep lapping it up. Every dollar given to the Wake AD is direct support for Ron Wellman and his hiring decisions.

Such a sad state of affairs when Wake fans are more incensed at the suggestion that the damn Viginia Tech coach is an annoying troll who whitesplains his political beliefs to his players when the cameras are rolling than literally any level of attacks on Wake itself.

It's so pathetic to watch posters just fall all over themselves praising coaches like Keatts and Buzz, or last year Pastner. At least DR reserves his jealousy for coaches like Roy and K who run dominant programs. It has to be hilarious for VaTech fans to watch Buzz and his 32-40 record with no NCAA tourney wins in 4 years come here to find out that's an incredible accomplishment.

I don't care if we'd just extended [Redacted] for 15 years or if Skip was still alive and well and coaching us to Final 4's - I'm not watching Buzz and his antics blow up in the last 2 minutes of another NCAA tournament first round exit without enjoying it a little, because fuck Virginia Tech. If Keatts is only going to get his NBA-bound 7 footer 4 shots in their biggest game of the year after getting dropped by Boston College in the ACC tournament, good. I hate NC State. It's such a loser mentality to heap praise on these middle tier coaches of rival teams.

Post that Buzz Williams sucks on the Wake board? Outrage and vitriol. Post that Manning is a complete idiot, call him the Black [Redacted] or tag him as the affirmative action hire? All good. Miserable fan base in top form these days.

Great post.

I can acknowledge that K is a better coach than any WF basketball coach in my lifetime without "jumping on the Duke bandwagon", just as I can acknowledge that Buzz is a better coach than Manning without jumping on VT's

and you can post that Buzz Williams sucks all you want; just don't say he sucks worse than Manning, because objectively, he doesn't

So this is the argument you're gonna use to put down Buzz and prop up Manning? That Manning only has 3 top-150 players in Year 4? I was including SJM, who was top-100 on 247.

Silly me for having a little more confidence in the guy who went to 5 straight NCAATs at Marquette, including one Elite 8 and two Sweet 16s, than Manning and his two 20-loss seasons in 3 years.

Please.

Your "VA Tech doesn't have more talent on the roster" tact was exposed as a fraud when comparing Top 150 guys on both rosters. Nobody is disputing Danny Manning is a better coach than Buzz Williams.

Get your head out of your ass.

Last edited:

How many times does it need to be said. Manning's talent was good enough to go pro early. Buzz's wasn't.

Back