• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Thread

wasn't DCDeac the last guy off the BzIn wagon?

No, but I was anti-billboard which was a high crime in these parts so a few posters follow me around and quote anything remotely positive I ever said about Devin and Codi or any hope I had during the dark times. I'm never going to apologize for finding some hope in that class had it just been followed by better recruiting.

I had a front row seat during the [Redacted] hire due to some unique circumstances. I know who Wake pursued and I know that a lot of what gets posted about that coaching search is absolute bullshit. And I'm talking 100%, anyone can say anything on the internet nonsense, but it fits a narrative so posters believe it. I hated the hire and supported his firing wholeheartedly. I simply don't move goalposts. If you're rebuilding a program, you get 4 years for a tourney appearance or you're out. Manning is skirting the edge but at least his 4th year failure was caused by guys going pro and not simple ineptitude on all fronts, and we have talent on the way. Bz could make no such claims and earned his removal.

Regardless I'm not going to spend 3 years hating my alma mater and incessantly ripping them in post after post. I have no idea what people get out of it.

No, but I was anti-billboard which was a high crime in these parts so a few posters follow me around and quote anything remotely positive I ever said about Devin and Codi or any hope I had during the dark times. I'm never going to apologize for finding some hope in that class had it just been followed by better recruiting.

I had a front row seat during the [Redacted] hire due to some unique circumstances. I know who Wake pursued and I know that a lot of what gets posted about that coaching search is absolute bullshit. And I'm talking 100%, anyone can say anything on the internet nonsense, but it fits a narrative so posters believe it. I hated the hire and supported his firing wholeheartedly. I simply don't move goalposts. If you're rebuilding a program, you get 4 years for a tourney appearance or you're out. Manning is skirting the edge but at least his 4th year failure was caused by guys going pro and not simple ineptitude on all fronts, and we have talent on the way. Bz could make no such claims and earned his removal.

Regardless I'm not going to spend 3 years hating my alma mater and incessantly ripping them in post after post. I have no idea what people get out of it.

People aren't trying to "get something out of it". They want a competent coach. Giving BZ 4 years was asinine. He was obviously a mistake of the worst kind. When you make a mistake, you apologize and try to correct it. You don't let it play out for 4 years for some notion of fairness.

People that support that position give Wellman cover.

Manning is no BZ, but it is painfully obvious that he is not ACC level coach. Waiting to fire him only makes the program another year removed from relevance.

Eric Musselman drops at least 3 F bombs during locker room celebration before they cut the sound. Hilarious.

Oh noes. Coaches cuss? The horrors.

I know that wasn't your point but some here get all bent out of shape when Kay cusses.

Eric Musselman drops at least 3 F bombs during locker room celebration before they cut the sound. Hilarious.

Seeing how worked up he was getting in the last few minutes of the game and overtime on the sideline (after overcoming that huge deficit to win), it was a stone cold lock that the locker room celebration was going to contain some f-bombs....epic fail on CBS's part, deserve whatever fines they get.

That’s a tough no call for Charleston. Clear foul on the elbow on the game tying attempt. I hate refs.

Odom's boys hanging tough against UVA with about 5 minutes to go in the first half. 16-16

CofC played about as bad as humanly possible and still had a chance.

They looked like Wake when Tony Rutland got hurt in 1996. Although we had future NBA Rusty Larue to try and run the point. No 18.5 points per game from your 5th year senior, and dominant ball handler (all those bad turnovers) and this game was over once Chealy re-rolled the high ankle sprain in the first half.

The announcers finally figured out that Chealey guy is sort of important.

Death, taxes, and UVA struggling to score in March.

Odd the way they stacked the ACC teams, there will be 4 playing at the same time. Brilliant way to capture the ACC audience all day.

It would be cool to see Odom jr pull off the biggest upset in the history of the NCAA tournament.

His team reminds me a lot of his dad's teams. That's hardnose defense they're playing.

Back