• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Thread

Great MSU loses, but can Cuse take down Duke? Was only rooting for MSU because I thought they could take out Duke.

I can’t believe you guys want to see Syracuse succeed. They run a complete gimmick defense. If you watch enough Syracuse games, you’ve seen the pattern repeat. Teams struggle to find an open shot and just jack 3s. Teams that normally score 70+, score in the 50s. Syracuse plays its starters max minutes because the players don’t get winded chasing players around in a man to man defense. On the other end, Syracuse just has a few guys play one on one basketball. Syracuse then faces teams in the tourney that don’t regularly face the zone and don’t have time to prepare for it, and voila, Syracuse goes on a run. Total shit. The only thing that is funny is Syracuse players regularly leaving early because NBA teams always overrate them, and they always end up sucking in the NBA where they can’t hide behind the zone defense.

So they win.

Call it a gimmick or whatever you want- I'd love for us to have a "gimmick" that includes regularly making runs.

I can’t believe you guys want to see Syracuse succeed. They run a complete gimmick defense. If you watch enough Syracuse games, you’ve seen the pattern repeat. Teams struggle to find an open shot and just jack 3s. Teams that normally score 70+, score in the 50s. Syracuse plays its starters max minutes because the players don’t get winded chasing players around in a man to man defense. On the other end, Syracuse just has a few guys play one on one basketball. Syracuse then faces teams in the tourney that don’t regularly face the zone and don’t have time to prepare for it, and voila, Syracuse goes on a run. Total shit. The only thing that is funny is Syracuse players regularly leaving early because NBA teams always overrate them, and they always end up sucking in the NBA where they can’t hide behind the zone defense.

Interesting take. So I gather you wouldn't trade their season for ours?

You’re being critical of a team that made the Sweet Sixteen because of the WAY they did it? If Manning was capable of executing the same thing we’d all be singing his praises.

Pack line vs. 'cuse zone? Wonder which is better..

lol
gimmick defense. holy shit, people will find excuses for anything. "well he won the lottery but it wasn't like he picked his numbers or anything - he just let the computer do it."

Well, let's see if the ACC has some home cooking from the refs in Charlotte for the second time in three months.

Back