• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Thread

Well, he already closes out games like he was coaching at Wake.

Final five minutes FAIL

Alonzo for the lead...brick drifting to his left off the screen

Smith for the lead...brick drifting to his left off the screen

Dickie with 0 points...go to him in the low post...brick...amazing tip in

Uncg with the lead and the ball..just throw it 20 feet high for an alley oop turnover

Uncg tied and wes is trying to get the 2 for 1 and is frantic, so his team panics, goes early, terrible shot off the side of the backboard

Alonzo keeps pushing off and then clearly does so in front of ref...foul

Then the icing on the cake...Webber...”UNCG. A team some people say does not belong here...”

Or the cheesy Greensboro man-bun guy to inbound...they’ve had a man-bun guy for 20 years

Just all FAIl like it was WFU crumbling on the road or something.

Just because Manning's teams do the same stupid shit over and over doesn't mean Miller's will. I have a feeling he learned a lot today and will do things differently next time when in that situation.

Just because Manning's teams do the same stupid shit over and over doesn't mean Miller's will. I have a feeling he learned a lot today and will do things differently next time when in that situation.

The difference is we do that shit against 0-18 Pittsburgh not in the NCAAs against a four seed.

The difference is we do that shit against 0-18 Pittsburgh not in the NCAAs against a four seed.

People keep forgetting that Gonzaga played for the title last year, and they won their conference. It ins't like they feel apart to Delaware State... or Drake... or Liberty... etc...

When was the last time Wake led a 4 seed in the final minute of an NCAA tournament game.

Love the defense that team played. Would be impressive with ACC recruits.

Manning would take that team and win 11 games. Well, maybe not since that was all he could do with ACC recruits.

Wellman was waiting for UNCG's season to end before approaching Wes. Once he has absolute assurances that Wes will accept our job, Manning will be thanked for his services, and Wes introduced as coach.

haha yeah right fuck me

Wellman was waiting for UNCG's season to end before approaching Wes. Once he has absolute assurances that Wes will accept our job, Manning will be thanked for his services, and Wes introduced as coach.

haha yeah right fuck me

I doubt Wellman even watching the games.

Wow...tough crowd. UNCG showed better overall game management than Wake has in a long time. And they were playing Gonzaga.

DR is right, Wes looks like a legit coach. Some of that game was masterfully managed by him. The end looked pretty bad, but I'd take him at the helm over DM.

I see that Underwoood is doing some studio analyst work. Wonder if Manning is doing the same. He's certainly got the personality for it...

"Something something paint touches"

People keep forgetting that Gonzaga played for the title last year, and they won their conference. It ins't like they feel apart to Delaware State... or Drake... or Liberty... etc...

who keeps forgetting that gonzaga played for the title last year?

who keeps forgetting that gonzaga played for the title last year?

I guess I am raging because we are upset with Wes Miller for his end of game management, which really wasn't that great. However, it isn't like he was going up against an inferior team as his team was the underdog and couldn't have possibly pulled off the upset of the tournament.

I will officially end my rant now.

For me, getting emotionally invested in a game only to get dick stomped in the last couple of minutes seemed all too familiar an experience.

Last edited:
I doubt Wellman even watching the games.

People underestimate what a basketball wizard Ron thinks he is. When he started doing post-game pressers in year 1 & 2 of Bz... he convinced himself he understood advanced analytics in the game. He has almost run out of yes-men around him several times... but he is always bailed out by donors more set in their ways than should be possible.

Having him as the chair of the selection committee was an absolute joke by the NCAA... WF Allowing him to continue to lead the dumpster fire that is WF MBB is indefensible.

Danny hasn't over-performed anybody's expectations... but people need to see just how poisoned the well is. Firing Manning before Wellman is just sticking another dirty finger with a bandaid into a shrapnel wound.

Ron needs to go, unceremoniously. WF can look back on his contributions towards facilities in a respectful way later on.

Wes probably got himself a new job even with the loss. He's gone for good from Wake.

Who’s hiring him? No high major program is going to be after him this year. Ole Miss was the only chance, and it’s already filled. High majors who are serious about basketball don’t hire low major coaches.

Ahem, Loyola...

Back