• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Thread

Sean Miller ruing bad matchups as a reason for the loss. CLOWN !

On the plus side, Buzz has some extra time to go make more videos about how patriotic he is and how he forces his players to agree with him whenever the cameras are on.

That's what I get for believing in AZ. Now, UVA has possibly the easiest route to the Final 4 of any team in the expanded field era.

What ? They likely are seeing Kentucky if they both move to next week.

Yeah. In Atlanta too.

Kentucky-Arizona would've been a toss-up in Vegas

And Buzz picks up a tech with 48 seconds left to shut the door on VaTech. Now making a complete ass out of himself. Still can't believe there are Wake fans who wish that troll was running our program.

Dilly dilly!

On the plus side, Buzz has some extra time to go make more videos about how patriotic he is and how he forces his players to agree with him whenever the cameras are on.

LOL. Good try to rebound from that horrible post.

From the ESPN article on Arizona being demolished by Buffalo: "The last No. 4 seed to lose by 15 or more points in the round of 64 was Wake Forest in 2009 (to Cleveland State)."

Yeah, the fact that someone would actually prefer Manning over Buzz is pretty mind boggling, tbh.

I've gone through this. Buzz had way, way more talent on his roster this year and it was pretty upper-class heavy. They still only finished middle of the pack. I wouldn't be surprised if VT takes a big step back next year.

I've gone through this. Buzz had way, way more talent on his roster this year and it was pretty upper-class heavy. They still only finished middle of the pack. I wouldn't be surprised if VT takes a big step back next year.

Buzz had more talent because he brought it there, to Blacksburg, a basketball wasteland

I've got KY winning it all... Not sure why. I think I went with the 'has lots of talent, underperformed most of the year but playing better lately" theory...

Manning had more talent at Wake. That talent was good enough to go pro early. Buzz's talent wasn't. That's the difference.

Manning did have more talent

Of course, he's recruiting to a place that when he took the job had produced 2 of the top 20 (at worst) basketball players in the world

While Manning had that talent, Buzz outperformed Manning in the ACC regular season, the ACC tournament, and the NCAA tournament

Why? They only lose Bibbs. Robinson, Clarke, Blackshear, and Hill will be seniors next year. It would be the year after next year they may take a step back.

And VT didn't have "way, way more talent" than Wake. That's absolute garbage.

Why? They only lose Bibbs. Robinson, Clarke, Blackshear, and Hill will be seniors next year. It would be the year after next year they may take a step back.

I agree. We didn't great talent this year, but we had enough that with a good coach, we could've won 6-8 more games. Heck, if we don't lose to the likes of Ga. Southern, Liberty and Drake that's 3 right there.

Go count up the number of top-150 guys on both rosters.

Back