• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So we won't be the first ever 1-seed to lose to a 16

I think most fanbases are having that same thought. I know duke is for sure.

Uva being on the wrong end of arguably the 2 biggest upsets in college basketball history is so Wake Forest.

Uva being on the wrong end of arguably the 2 biggest upsets in college basketball history is so Wake Forest.

Yeah, I think this is what is causing me to feel bad about their loss, despite UVA being public school filth, because it seems like UVA and Wake are simpatico in terms of not being able to make the Final 4.

Yeah, I think this is what is causing me to feel bad about their loss, despite UVA being public school filth, because it seems like UVA and Wake are simpatico in terms of not being able to make the Final 4.

Public school filth?

UVA made 2 final 4s in the 80s, 1 with and 1 without Ralph. But this team was never going to a final 4 without Hunter. After that injury, I had them losing to Kentucky. They've had some bad recent history with late season injuries and had that massive choke against Syracuse. Totally bizarre season. No one expected them to do anything then they win the ACC regular season and tourney and then pull a Chaminade part deux.

But a big congrats to the fighting Retrievers. So cool for UMBC to do something big in athletics outside of lacrosse.

The only downside to this, is that all the LLBean catalog looking uva alums might harm the retrievers that they have.

You have to be in the tournament to have an epic failure.

There’s no arguable. I can’t think of any two close to Chaminade and a #16 seed.

today I found myself behind a car with a "The University" window decal

I chuckled

"The Chokers"

I've been feeling sorry for the Chaminade fans today. They have lost their one claim to fame.

I've been feeling sorry for the Chaminade fans today. They have lost their one claim to fame.

I was talking about that Chaminade game Thursday.

My brother in law coached at Chaminade. He downplayed the upset a little saying Virginia had been flying all over the world prior to the game and Sampson was sick as a dog.

Last edited:
Back