• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boards Loading Slowly & Acting Weird

I've got a masters in computer sci from mother so dear, so if there is a failure somewhere in the education gap you can do the math on that one.

Clearly you know jack shit about how the internet works, but there are about a million places where things can wrong and slow things down, and we're only in control of about 10% of that at best. If you'd like to become an admin here and set up a self hosted solution for us just let me know and I'll promote you right now and give you necessary credentials for all of our providers.

I rarely agree with Palma, but I saw his comment as a joke and nothing serious meant.

I rarely agree with Palma, but I saw his comment as a joke and nothing serious meant.

I've been reminding him he's a tarheel for years though. Its a sore subject.

But if you can't make fun of UNC on a Wake Forest message board, why does one even exist?

pretty sure that as an admin cookout is doubly frustrated with the boards loading slowly so maybe cracking personal jokes on him at this point is a bad idea

pretty sure that as an admin cookout is doubly frustrated with the boards loading slowly so maybe cracking personal jokes on him at this point is a bad idea
I heard that cookout is a strong supporter of the BOARD OF TRUSTEES.

I'm sure he is. I'm also sure nobody is personally mad at him for the problems. I'm happy we have these DV7 boards at all.

I've gotten negged for making, what I thought, were lighthearted jokes.

Maybe don't take things so seriously.

Holy shit. What happened to my boardz? It's all white and weird and funky.

Also, how could anyone ever take Palma seriously enough to get angry at him?

Glad it's not just me. I've been having issues for about a week with slow loads and even occasionally fails to load all together. Not other websites having issues.

Kukowt - Moar IT classes less AFAM classes, kthnx.

I've got a masters in computer sci from mother so dear, so if there is a failure somewhere in the education gap you can do the math on that one.

Clearly you know jack shit about how the internet works, but there are about a million places where things can wrong and slow things down, and we're only in control of about 10% of that at best. If you'd like to become an admin here and set up a self hosted solution for us just let me know and I'll promote you right now and give you necessary credentials for all of our providers.

Seems fixed!

doing the math it seems like the obvious solution is to bust cookout's balls and then he fixes shit.

Really slow today and last couple of days. Couldn't get a single thread to open on the Sports board, just bad gateways and timeouts.

WFCatamount needs to sell us some better software

Back