Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 72

Thread: Boards Loading Slowly & Acting Weird

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by cookoutdeac View Post
    I've got a masters in computer sci from mother so dear, so if there is a failure somewhere in the education gap you can do the math on that one.

    Clearly you know jack shit about how the internet works, but there are about a million places where things can wrong and slow things down, and we're only in control of about 10% of that at best. If you'd like to become an admin here and set up a self hosted solution for us just let me know and I'll promote you right now and give you necessary credentials for all of our providers.
    I rarely agree with Palma, but I saw his comment as a joke and nothing serious meant.

  2. #22
    Holy overreaction Batman!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Thanks, Ajit Pai !
    Are we going to need a fundraiser to put OGB on the Internet Gold package needed to get priority service in the post net neutrality world?

  4. #24
    THE quintessential dwarf palmab03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    paradise
    Posts
    43,223
    Quote Originally Posted by bym051d View Post
    I rarely agree with Palma, but I saw his comment as a joke and nothing serious meant.
    I've been reminding him he's a tarheel for years though. Its a sore subject.

    But if you can't make fun of UNC on a Wake Forest message board, why does one even exist?
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

  5. #25
    My shits broke

  6. #26
    pretty sure that as an admin cookout is doubly frustrated with the boards loading slowly so maybe cracking personal jokes on him at this point is a bad idea
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    pretty sure that as an admin cookout is doubly frustrated with the boards loading slowly so maybe cracking personal jokes on him at this point is a bad idea
    I heard that cookout is a strong supporter of the BOARD OF TRUSTEES.

  8. #28
    let's put a bunch of toilets on his lawn

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    pretty sure that as an admin cookout is doubly frustrated with the boards loading slowly so maybe cracking personal jokes on him at this point is a bad idea
    I'm sure he is. I'm also sure nobody is personally mad at him for the problems. I'm happy we have these DV7 boards at all.

    I've gotten negged for making, what I thought, were lighthearted jokes.

    Maybe don't take things so seriously.

  10. #30
    Holy shit. What happened to my boardz? It's all white and weird and funky.

  11. #31
    Also, how could anyone ever take Palma seriously enough to get angry at him?

  12. #32
    Glad it's not just me. I've been having issues for about a week with slow loads and even occasionally fails to load all together. Not other websites having issues.
    He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

  13. #33
    THE quintessential dwarf palmab03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    paradise
    Posts
    43,223
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    Also, how could anyone ever take Palma seriously enough to get angry at him?
    this guy gets it
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

  14. #34
    I blame Cookout for my startlingly productive work week.

  15. #35
    Scott "Rufio" Feather
    ConnorEl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Posts
    5,960
    Seems fixed!
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by palmab03 View Post
    Kukowt - Moar IT classes less AFAM classes, kthnx.
    Quote Originally Posted by cookoutdeac View Post
    I've got a masters in computer sci from mother so dear, so if there is a failure somewhere in the education gap you can do the math on that one.

    Clearly you know jack shit about how the internet works, but there are about a million places where things can wrong and slow things down, and we're only in control of about 10% of that at best. If you'd like to become an admin here and set up a self hosted solution for us just let me know and I'll promote you right now and give you necessary credentials for all of our providers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorEl View Post
    Seems fixed!
    doing the math it seems like the obvious solution is to bust cookout's balls and then he fixes shit.

  17. #37
    Really slow today and last couple of days. Couldn't get a single thread to open on the Sports board, just bad gateways and timeouts.

  18. #38
    Scott "Rufio" Feather
    ConnorEl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Posts
    5,960
    It's happening again...
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

  19. #39
    Older than Dirt WFU71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    3,719
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorEl View Post
    It's happening again...
    Yep

  20. #40
    WFCatamount needs to sell us some better software

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •