• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boards Loading Slowly & Acting Weird

I was seeing slowless last night. Never ended up with a database error though.

Seems like a consistent issue has been slow loading times on the long mega threads, and then load time speeds up a lot when people start a new thread. Have y'all thought about lowering the cap of max posts on a thread?

Anyone else getting these full-screen popups on Tapatalk? they're like 5-second videos, not clear what they're advertising.

i12v7a7rkbq51.jpg

webcam.660x371c.jpg

Bump. Borderline usable this week. Cleared cache and logged in via incognito. No luck. Getting 45-60 second load times on every page. Currently pulling 197 mbps internet speed

another thing that happens to me is that the homepage will show Poster X has posted the most recent post, but when I click the Go to First Unread icon it kicks me to the top of the page and Poster X's post is nowhere to be found

If I click on the sports board it keeps saying the last post in the NBA thread was at 9:57 pm, even though there have been many since then.

WE asked you people for money and you didn’t give enough and now look what we’ve got.

Artist’s rendering of TSY, who has been suspiciously quiet of late

er61scxud1b51.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, maybe its because I only check the boards in the mornings and super late nights.. but I haven't seen any weird behavior yet observationally. Will try to keep an eye on it but our server looks fine from the host dashboard. Keep in mind it can also be ISP dependent if the routing to the host (which is currently UK based fwiw) gets messed up and is slow.

Yeah at the time they were one of the few hosts specializing in vbulletin setups and hosting.. we'd cycled through at least two USA based hosting sites that could absolutely not handle the requirements for the software and were generally pretty poor when it came to troubleshooting too. Of course that was nearly a decade ago now, so I'm sure there are some better options out there now and we'd like to get back to this side of the pond.

looks like the post goes through immediately, but the page continues to load for about 45-60 seconds

i can pull up a new tab and load the front page and see that my post went through, but the old tab is still cycling

Everything is suuuuper slow today. Navigating, posting and loading are all taking an exceptional amount of time for me right now.

For years I have exclusively used Google Chrome. This week, I switched to MS Edge on my work computer because something about our antivirus doesn't like Chrome. On Edge, the boards are loading lightning quick, even the threads with a million pages that usually take a long time to load. Not sure if this will last or if it's just a coincidence but thought I would share.

For years I have exclusively used Google Chrome. This week, I switched to MS Edge on my work computer because something about our antivirus doesn't like Chrome. On Edge, the boards are loading lightning quick, even the threads with a million pages that usually take a long time to load. Not sure if this will last or if it's just a coincidence but thought I would share.

Looks like 923 got the Bill Gates vaccine.

Sometimes I need to try loading another site to see if it’s my internet or OGBoards loading slowly. Pretty much always the latter.

Back