• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boards Loading Slowly & Acting Weird

We think something is going wrong on our hosts side of things. We're in touch with them now and will be trying some other stuff out in the meantime.

Yeah, I realized that I could only post that via tapatalk (and read this thread).

I was on the road most of this AM so apologies for slower response, TWDeac has been talking with hosting support but I actually think the issue is w/ vbulletin directly. After I arrived to my destination I ran some repair/optimize functions on the database and I think things may be working again, cautiously optimistic.

Welp, at least now I can view thread pages while logged in.

Posting seems glitchy.

Thx for the progress.

Ok I think it is finally functional. Hit an issue while repairing tables that caused a total DB failure. Restarted the entire server and I believe things are working again (maybe a bit slowly, but better than nothing, we are in talks with our hosting provider about the slowness).

Thanks for all of your work, Cookout!

Glitchy with intermittent and fairly frequent slow page loading again.

I've been getting a number of vBulletin db errors today.

I just got one of these. Performance isn't necessarily terrible right now but these db errors tend to get worse, not better without intervention.

Yup, I've run some maintenance/repair stuff and rebooted our server and hopefully things are good again for the time being.

FWIW TWDeac and myself are investigating moving off of Vbulletin and onto a different forum software, will hopefully be doing this after football season ends in January or February. It's just entirely too old (and unsupported) for the modern web. That should bring some much needed performance gains and new features as well.

The latest we can play is Jan 13th, but I like your optimism.

Haha, we also have to find a weekend that works well for both of us to work on it. So it won't be immediately after it ends.

You should wait until March...won't be anything going on around here.

Back