• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boards Loading Slowly & Acting Weird

Just got extra slow for me, and Tapa gave up completely.

I posted this on another thread:

Texas Republican Congressman Will Hurd said tonight that Trump is being manipulated by Putin. Hurd is a former CIA Agent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/19/o...-congress.html

Trump Is Being Manipulated by Putin. What Should We Do?

"Over the course of my career as an undercover officer in the C.I.A., I saw Russian intelligence manipulate many people. I never thought I would see the day when an American president would be one of them.

The president’s failure to defend the United States intelligence community’s unanimous conclusions of Russian meddling in the 2016 election and condemn Russian covert counterinfluence campaigns and his standing idle on the world stage while a Russian dictator spouted lies confused many but should concern all Americans. By playing into Vladimir Putin’s hands, the leader of the free world actively participated in a Russian disinformation campaign that legitimized Russian denial and weakened the credibility of the United States to both our friends and foes abroad.

As a member of Congress, a coequal branch of government designed by our founders to provide checks and balances on the executive branch, I believe that lawmakers must fulfill our oversight duty as well as keep the American people informed of the current danger."

We gave a lot of money last year so this wouldn't happen.

Boards are creeping this morning. Took me 30 secs just to get into this thread.

Do y'all need a new donations drive? Because you should probably do it now before basketball starts.

what can be done about the edit post and multiquote issues?
1. Multiquote something once, you multiquote it forever. There's no getting rid of it on your next reply, although eventually they seem to fall off.
2. Edit post brings up a blank post, so I can't edit anything.

Thank you.g

what can be done about the edit post and multiquote issues?
1. Multiquote something once, you multiquote it forever. There's no getting rid of it on your next reply, although eventually they seem to fall off.
2. Edit post brings up a blank post, so I can't edit anything.

Thank you.g

1) Try clearing your cache/cookies on this one, I've never been able to reproduce this issue but I'm pretty sure the multiquote feature relies heavily on just using cookies/local storage for the site so I'm thinking a clearout might help?
2) I also can't reproduce this one though I'm aware of it, I think it started after enabling some double post protections OR https was enabled. Hoping the next system maintenance/upgrade we do will help with it. Does it happen no matter what browser you choose? If anyone can look at the web console and see if there's any output there that might clue me in that would be helpful too.

The work-around for #1 is to unselect the quotes that keep appearing. They show up in the first place because of choosing "Multi-Quote this message". They'll stop appearing when you deselect it.

I've been getting a number of vBulliten db errors today.

Haven’t been able to read threads or post from my computer since yesterday evening.

Back