• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boards Loading Slowly & Acting Weird

ChaosDeac

Reaction score
Not sure if this is just me but I'm having issues on the boards recently. The boards seem really bogged down lately. Sometimes it's a second or two of delay/latency, other times it's close to 20 or 30 seconds. Seems to have cropped up within the last week or so.

I'm also have an issue where I cannot edit posts. About 75% of the time I go to edit a post, it takes me to a blank text editor versus having my post text available for editing. So not sure what is going on there/

I'm primarily using the boards on Chrome, so most of the reported issues have occurred there but I've had issues on mobile (Samsung browser) and Edge (testing to see if it's a Chrome issue).

I have noticed some of the same thing, primarily the very slow loading. I'm on Chrome. It's happening on both my home and work internet connections which are completely different carriers.

I also had massive delays using a Chromebook, but it got much better a few minutes ago

Seems to be worsening. Long load times have become gateway timeouts.

Have also noted lag times all week on multiple devices/browsers.

100% better today. Not sure what caused the change, but ... thanks mods?

Ha, don't think too much has changed from our perspective. I just got back from my honeymoon Saturday night and have been trying to dig in/reproduce since then but haven't been able to and everything has seemed snappy enough. I did get one bad gateway error earlier today but that seems much more transient (and failed v quickly).

If it starts happening again I'll try and reach out to our service provider to see if they have any insights (it may have just been routing/network issues on their side). Otherwise we may need to start investigating archiving options for older threads to bring the total DB size down. TWDeac and I are also trying to coordinate a software upgrade effort, but that is going to be a little more challenging than we thought and may require downtime since we're trying to avoid busier weekends with lots going on (like March madness).

TWDeac and I are also trying to coordinate a software upgrade effort, but that is going to be a little more challenging than we thought and may require downtime since we're trying to avoid busier weekends with lots going on (like March madness).

NWT

Yeah. The last two days I've been getting 504 Gateway timeouts in the browser and Tapatalk is sitting and spinning.

I've got a ticket with our hosts in now, but I think it is related to some network issues on their end and not a consistent boards/software issue because it had cleared up for so long until the last couple days. :(

Kukowt - Moar IT classes less AFAM classes, kthnx.

I've got a masters in computer sci from mother so dear, so if there is a failure somewhere in the education gap you can do the math on that one.

Clearly you know jack shit about how the internet works, but there are about a million places where things can wrong and slow things down, and we're only in control of about 10% of that at best. If you'd like to become an admin here and set up a self hosted solution for us just let me know and I'll promote you right now and give you necessary credentials for all of our providers.

Back