• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake 2-5 Against Sweet Sixteen Field !!!

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
That's pretty good. Might be transitive NCAA champion with just one degree of separation.

Swept FSU !

Updated thread title, actually 2-5, not 2-4.

Last edited:
Yeah and we were also 0-3 against the brutal stretch of Ga. Southern, Liberty and Drake.

Yeah and we were also 0-3 against the brutal stretch of Ga. Southern, Liberty and Drake.

Obviously we were looking forward to consecutive matchups against likely NCAA tournament participants UNC-G and Houston.

"We beat Florida State and they beat Xavier #1 seed."

Quote from the Deacon Sports Nation Facebook group. Yes, these are the depths we've sunk to, our March victories don't come from actual victories by our team, but through a team we beat that beat a #1 seed to advance to the sweet 16. I wonder if they rolled the quad after FSU's victory yesterday.

Last edited:
"We beat Florida State and they beat Xavier #1 seed."

Quote from the Deacon Sports Nation Facebook group. Yes, these are the depths we've sunk to, our March victories don't come from actual victories by our team, but through a team we beat that beat a #1 seed to advance to the sweet 16. I wonder if they rolled the quad after FSU's victory yesterday.

nothing is more than depressing than the DSN FB group. I always wonder if some of those posts are from folks who post around here. LOWF to the max

So we basically got screwed by the tournament committee, huh? Nice pull Wellman.

nothing is more than depressing than the DSN FB group. I always wonder if some of those posts are from folks who post around here. LOWF to the max

Those folks wouldn't last 5 minutes around here. They and their type self-selected out of here during the [Redacted] years. What they refer to as negativity is mostly just reality...they don't deal well with reality.

Georgia Southern made the SEMIFINALS of the Sun Belt Conference Tournament
Liberty is currently in the QUARTERFINALS of the CollegeInsider.com Tournament (CIT)
Drake made the SWEET 16 of the CollegeInsider.com Tournament (CIT)

NONE of those were a bad loss. ALL had success in March.

Georgia Southern made the SEMIFINALS of the Sun Belt Conference Tournament
Liberty is currently in the QUARTERFINALS of the CollegeInsider.com Tournament (CIT)
Drake made the SWEET 16 of the CollegeInsider.com Tournament (CIT)

NONE of those were a bad loss. ALL had success in March.

I'm sure that's the DSN FB group's position anyway.

Wake is 3-13 overall against the field. Chalk up another win !!

Wake is 3-13 overall against the field. Chalk up another win !!

Wow, almost win 19% of the time versus decent teams. Danny deserved that extension. Imagine a coach losing 2.5 key players in the offseason and still pulling off such a dramatic feat as winning 18.75% of games against tournament teams? We don't have to because we are lucky enough to have Danny guiding us through. If only he had more talent on the roster he may even be able to double that percentage and win close to 38% of the time.

Wow, almost win 19% of the time versus decent teams. Danny deserved that extension. Imagine a coach losing 2.5 key players in the offseason and still pulling off such a dramatic feat as winning 18.75% of games against tournament teams? We don't have to because we are lucky enough to have Danny guiding us through. If only he had more talent on the roster he may even be able to double that percentage and win close to 38% of the time.

You might think I'm crazy, but with the recruiting class coming in, I wouldn't put it past Danny to get that percentage all the way up to 25% next year. I know that's asking a lot and not a lot of coaches could do it, but I think Danny can.

Back