• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Millennials don’t send food back

So old people are more cranky than young people at restaurants. No shit.

No. I have maybe sent food back once or twice in my life when it was raw. Other than that, I don’t complain like a bitch, I just don’t go back.

That's called being a wuss and a sucker. Get what you ordered AND don't go back.

That's called being a wuss and a sucker. Get what you ordered AND don't go back.

No, what you are is a complaining dickhead when you send food back if it’s edible. They fuck up don’t go back, no use pissing everyone off to get food that doesn’t suck quite as bad.

I think most people my age saw their parents send food back as kids, realized what assholes their parents were being, and decided to never be that person themselves.

Thread continues to prove boomers are the worst.

It proves millennials are suckers and didn't learn from their parents not to accept mediocrity.

You don't have to be an asshole to say you didn't get what you ordered. You can do it politely.

My bad, just keep taking shit from everyone and blame it on everyone but yourself.

Yeah, I spend all day litigating but I'm afraid of telling someone they overcooked a steak. Good call.

Raleigh has an awesome restaurant scene. Having plenty of good options weighs against sending food back, since you can easily avoid that establishment in the future. I had a terrible experience at a restaurant here that is considered by most to be excellent. So I haven't gone back. I also think people who send food back because it is slightly off come across as incredibly cheap. If you're not satisfied with what a restaurant has to offer, go to another one next time.

I don't have a problem sending food back if you are brought the wrong order, I'm specifically talking about rejecting food because it isn't good, or you think it was cooked improperly, etc.

It proves millennials are suckers and didn't learn from their parents not to accept mediocrity.

You don't have to be an asshole to say you didn't get what you ordered. You can do it politely.

My bad, just keep taking shit from everyone and blame it on everyone but yourself.

RJ, I think we are talking about different things. If food is raw, or it isn't what you ordered, it should be sent back.

When I send food back for being improperly cooked, I always do it through a manager. Manager needs to know that there is a problem in the kitchen, otherwise how will it get fixed? Most likely to do this if it is a restaurant where I have eaten multiple times before and had good food.

Maybe somebody just made a mistake. Maybe there is a new person that is inadequately trained. If a manager knows, then the situation most likely will be investigated. If a manager doesn't know, nothing will happen, other than an unhappy, probably ex customer.

Yeah, I spend all day litigating but I'm afraid of telling someone they overcooked a steak. Good call.

Raleigh has an awesome restaurant scene. Having plenty of good options weighs against sending food back, since you can easily avoid that establishment in the future. I had a terrible experience at a restaurant here that is considered by most to be excellent. So I haven't gone back. I also think people who send food back because it is slightly off come across as incredibly cheap. If you're not satisfied with what a restaurant has to offer, go to another one next time.

I don't have a problem sending food back if you are brought the wrong order, I'm specifically talking about rejecting food because it isn't good, or you think it was cooked improperly, etc.

If you ask for something to be cooked medium rare and it comes out either raw or well done. you should send it back. If you get the wrong combination of food (veggies or the like) you mention it.

If the food sucks, there's no sense in sending it back. If they fucked it up the first time, they will fuck it up the next time or they buy offer shitty products.

One of my favorite sending it back/leaving happened in Beverly Hills/W.Hollywierd at a place call Cynthia's. My friend was on an Australian wine kick. He asked the server if they had any Australian red wines. They had one. Without looking at the wine list, he ordered a bottle. It could have been $30 or $300. We didn't know.

The owner came by our table and my friend asked if we could get some bread to go with the wine while waiting for our salads. Cynthia immediately yelled at the server, "These guys want some bread to go with their cheap wine."

Needless to say, I got up and walked out. My friend asked, "Don't we owe them for the wine and food?"

"Nope, not after being insulted."

I am sending back "A Story Almost Told" and "Standoff" for mediocrity. Please return these stories when they are properly prepared.

I am sending back "A Story Almost Told" and "Standoff" for mediocrity. Please return these stories when they are properly prepared.

If you are going to call me a piece of shit at least be an "internet warrior" and sign it.

not only are you hiding behind a computer, you are hiding even further.

Pussy cubed, that should be your screenname.

Reactions: Ayo
If you are going to call me a piece of shit at least be an "internet warrior" and sign it.

lol

Should I be called a NegRep Pussy or a pseudo-Man or Pussy cubed?

I'm confused.

Someday I may become an "internet warrior."

There would be a lot less open hostility if we brought back anonymous rep, additionally I say it would add a solid bit of drama allowing for entertainment.

There would be a lot less open hostility if we brought back anonymous rep, additionally I say it would add a solid bit of drama allowing for entertainment.

I have lobbied for this position in the past with no success.

If you are too much of a wuss to sign what you say, you shouldn't say it. It's the epitome of being a coward.

Back