• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Millennials don’t send food back

Creamy be like, “$3 for an egg! Good lawd that’s a lot of money! How bout I give you 50 cent for some runny yolk?”

Creamy be like, “$3 for an egg! Good lawd that’s a lot of money! How bout I give you 50 cent for some runny yolk?”

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PhDeac again

Okay, so if I'm at Chili's or a "bar food" kind of restaurant, I'm not sending things back unless it's inedible. If I'm at a nice restaurant, I have no problems sending things back if they are over or undercooked. Usually someone asks, and they are happy to fix it and then I can actually keep going to that restaurant. It seems super-millenial to just eat the food, keep quiet, and never go back.

I also do this with glasses of wine. If I order a glass of a less popular red, it often tastes like the bottle has been open for a week....so I send it back and the new glass tastes much better.

Agreed. Good reference ph.

Agree with digger that there is a difference depending on the restaurant.

Asking for my order to be corrected is something I rarely do. My preference is to allow them to bring something out rather than a straight send it back because the temp is off slightly.

I hope those of you that complain about every little imperfection or give servers sh!t are as free with compliments as complaints. I ask to see the manager for good service more far more often than about poor service.

Nice reference

your-references-are-out-of-control-gif-5.gif

When I am drunk one of my favorite things to do is ask a waitress 10 questions about a particular dish, then turn around and ordering something random AF.

This person did. Also, sending food back is more work for the server who did not make the mistake. Just saying I hope a kitchen mistake does not affect the server's tip and that "you" (generic patron) gives compliments and not just complaints.

This person did. Also, sending food back is more work for the server who did not make the mistake. Just saying I hope a kitchen mistake does not affect the server's tip and that "you" (generic patron) gives compliments and not just complaints.

This is true. Unless the servers refuses to acknowledge the problem. they shouldn't be harmed by something they didn't do. Sometimes, a server could get a bigger tip by being understanding and professional in such events.

This is true. Unless the servers refuses to acknowledge the problem. they shouldn't be harmed by something they didn't do. Sometimes, a server could get a bigger tip by being understanding and professional in such events.

It's not about money. It's about sending a message.

He asked questions not made complaints.

So even if the restaurant made a mistake, like you order steak and you get chicken, some here wouldn't say anything, just eat the chicken and never return?

He asked questions not made complaints.

He also took up time the server could have spent helping others and doing other parts of their job. Creating frustration and annoyance. That hurts everyone. At least he had a good laugh.

So even if the restaurant made a mistake, like you order steak and you get chicken, some here wouldn't say anything, just eat the chicken and never return?

I'd let the waitstaff know, probably eat the chicken anyway (as long as it is something that I wouldn't mind having) because I don't want the rest of my group to feel awkward eating while I wait 20 more minutes to get my food (or have to wait after their done b/c I've just received my food), and expect at minimum my food to be comped, possibly the whole meal depending on the size of the group (maybe a free round of drinks instead if the group is 4+).

I don't think I have ever sent anything back but really can't think of a time where I really needed to. Never had raw / obviously undercooked food. Usually it's a wrong side or something like that and if I don't want it they would just supplement with the correct order.

Back