• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cambridge Analytica Offers to Entrap Politicians with Sex and Bribery

WakeForestRanger

Reaction score

Last edited:
Cambridge Analytica is the (bogus) Fusion GPS of the left. Unlike Fusion GPS, everything Cambridge Analytica did was legal and supported by the Facebook platform.

Edited to add: This video is your wannabe Project Veritas. What a bunch of copycats you liberal "elites" are. This is flat out plaigiarism. Get some original ideas, you losers.

Last edited:
Cambridge Analytica is the (bogus) Fusion GPS of the left. Unlike Fusion GPS, everything Cambridge Analytica did was legal and supported by the Facebook platform.

Edited to add: This video is your wannabe Project Veritas. What a bunch of copycats you liberal "elites" are. This is flat out plaigiarism. Get some original ideas, you losers.

My bullshit senses are tingling

From the NYT article: “Many of our clients don’t want to be seen to be working with a foreign company. We can set up fake IDs and websites, we can be students doing research projects attached to a university, we can be tourists. There’s so many options we can look at.”

http://https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/19/us/cambridge-analytica-alexander-nix.html

So in other words, there's no way this company would have issues with using information obtained from Russians.

In an undercover investigation by Channel 4 News, the company’s chief executive Alexander Nix said the British firm secretly campaigns in elections across the world. This includes operating through a web of shadowy front companies, or by using sub-contractors.

In one exchange, when asked about digging up material on political opponents, Mr Nix said they could “send some girls around to the candidate’s house”, adding that Ukrainian girls “are very beautiful, I find that works very well”.

In another he said: “We’ll offer a large amount of money to the candidate, to finance his campaign in exchange for land for instance, we’ll have the whole thing recorded, we’ll blank out the face of our guy and we post it on the Internet.”

Offering bribes to public officials is an offence under both the UK Bribery Act and the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Cambridge Analytica operates in the UK and is registered in the United States.

So have they done this before? Surely we would know if they did it in the US. Maybe they just use it as blackmail. Don’t know. I’m skeptical.

Take it with a grain of salt but Fox News just a minute ago said Obama used Cambridge Analytics in his 2008 and 2012 campaigns.

Doesn’t mean they did the same stuff they did in 2016. We will have to find out.

Take it with a grain of salt but Fox News just a minute ago said Obama used Cambridge Analytics in his 2008 and 2012 campaigns.

Per wiki:

Cambridge Analytica (CA) is a privately held company that combines data mining and data analysis with strategic communication for the electoral process. It was created in 2013 as an offshoot of its British parent company SCL Group to participate in American politics.

Nah

Maybe they mean he used Facebook data or something?

I'd bet that you're right, that they referencing micro-targeting or getting data from Facebook.

So have they done this before? Surely we would know if they did it in the US. Maybe they just use it as blackmail. Don’t know. I’m skeptical.

Their first attempt at doing was with the 2014 NC Senate campaign. Tillis beat Kagan by 50,000 votes.

Per wiki:

I'd bet that you're right, that they referencing micro-targeting or getting data from Facebook.

Right, agree there’s more to it than Fox is presenting. Just saw the indendiary headline while at the gym that said something like “obama campaign used same firm under fire.”

Their first attempt at doing was with the 2014 NC Senate campaign. Tillis beat Kagan by 50,000 votes.

I was talking about the Ukrainian women.

But I forgot that campaign was so close.

"In 2014, Steve Bannon – then executive chairman of the “alt-right” news network Breitbart – was Wylie’s boss. And Robert Mercer, the secretive US hedge-fund billionaire and Republican donor, was Cambridge Analytica’s investor. And the idea they bought into was to bring big data and social media to an established military methodology – “information operations” – then turn it on the US electorate."

Right, agree there’s more to it than Fox is presenting. Just saw the indendiary headline while at the gym that said something like “obama campaign used same firm under fire.”

Just tried switching over to Fox to see if they were talking about it, and holy shit, Hannity's show is nuts.

Oh hey, they're talking about Hillary.

Hahaha, this show is beyond parody. Michelle Malkin is yelling and Seb Gorka is there for some reason.

Hannity: It's to undermine a duly-elected president and to assist a felon lawbreaker and literally exonerate someone who committed many laws. That is a constitutional crisis.

Just tried switching over to Fox to see if they were talking about it, and holy shit, Hannity's show is nuts.

Oh hey, they're talking about Hillary.

Hannity got called out by Shep Smith as being a sham, and he got triggered and shot back. It was awesome

This 8 part Tweetstorm is interesting just to hear their message.

This one in particular was "wat?" worthy.

Back